Ammo alert 7.62x51 ZSR m80 147 gr ball ammo from battlehawk ammo has blown up 4 guns

I had south African 7.62x51 totally lockup my ptr 91 .It has tar sealant on it and this built up in the chamber .You couldn't see it from the outside of the ammo .I about never got the live round out of my gun .It miss fired then it totally jammed .It took forever to get it out had to take my gun all the way apart .I cleaned the chamber and it was like a thick tar coating in the chamber .It took forever to get it out .There was tons of that ammo sold .I bet the pressure chamber goes up when it's tight chambered like that .

I had south African 7.62x51 totally lockup my ptr 91 .It has tar sealant on it and this built up in the chamber .You couldn't see it from the outside of the ammo .I about never got the live round out of my gun .It miss fired then it totally jammed .It took forever to get it out had to take my gun all the way apart .I cleaned the chamber and it was like a thick tar coating in the chamber .It took forever to get it out .There was tons of that ammo sold .I bet the pressure chamber goes up when it's tight chambered like that .
Never had issue with South African in my FALs or M1As , never noticed any type of buildup from it, and I bought cases lol

Just about every 7.62x51 cartridge out there has some sort of sealer used. I just finished processing 1500 LC 14, 15, and 16 cases from a contract pull down. They were a mess! I use xylene to soak the sealer loose. Then rinse, pin tumble, and brass brush with either a drill or my prep center. Take a look at a couple of the pics I took. I will say they did clean up nicely after much work.
20230312_151911.jpg
20230312_151911.jpg
20230316_151040.jpg
20230316_151012.jpg

Last edited:
Their is also a 9 mm that's been blowing up glocks .The 10 mm has also had lots of ammo problems colt delta elite are cracking the frames with underwood ammo .I had a complete storage with. 40 cal Montana gold bullets .I reloaded them and shot into the ground first shot no bullet came out of my 40 ruger carbine .I removed the bullet and tried another same thing and i removed the bullet took them back to dealer. HE had ten people have stuck bullets just like mine .He sent all the bullets back to the factory. I got a refund but it totally tore up my Burris 2x7 mini scope and screwed up my rifle from the stuck bullets