• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED All Sold! Leupold VX-III & Nightforce for sale

azsugarbear

Just listed the following scopes on eBay:

1) VX-III 4.5-14x50mm LR w/target elevation turret;
2) VX-III 6.5-20x50mm LR/T with windage & elevation turrets;
3) Nightforce 5.5-22x56mm with NP-1RR illuminated reticle

* The Nighforce is sold. Buyer purchased on eBay for a net price of $700!

You can get a 25% rebate (up to $200) on the final purchase price on any of these scopes listed above from Microsoft. Check out the eBay auction description for a more detailed explanation of rebate. If you are thinking about stepping up to a more expensive scope - now is the time. I believe the rebate is set to expire November 4.

Last edited:
Re: Leupold VX-III & Nightforce for sale - Update

I'm surprised more people haven't heard about this rebate from Microsoft. The guys at AR15.com are all over this. How about it - has anybody on LRH besides me used this live.com promotion before?

Last edited:

tell me how this works? I am not seeing the hugs discounts

You must first initiate a search for your item through Live Search., which is owned by Microsoft. When the promotion is on, eBay will be one of the first options to pop up and it will have the "cashback" logo next to it with some percentage rebate (currently 25%). Click on the eBay option and it will take you directly to the eBay website. If you look in the upper left hand corner of the eBay web page, you will see the "cashback" logo. Be sure that the logo is somewhere on each web page as you go through the process of buying the item on eBay.

There are several requirements in order to qualify, so I suggest you read the rules on both the eBay and live.com websites. Some of the more important ones are:
1) you must have the same email address on both your eBay and PayPal accounts;
2) you can only qualify for the rebate by using the "Buy it Now" option on eBay
3) you must go through live.com and complete the purchase within one hour

When you click on the "Buy it Now" option, another page will come up asking you to confirm your choice. The dollar amount will be shown to you at that time. Once you have bought and paid for the item through PayPal, go back to your eBay account and check for a message in your "My eBay" section that says: "you've earned cashback". retrieve the message and then click on the "get cashback" button. This will take you to the live.com website where you will need to set up an account with them. The info required is nothing more than you would provide for an email account with hotmail.com. Within a few days, your refund will show up with the status of "pending". After 60 days (to avoid returns & scammers) live.com will notify you that the funds are available. You can then direct them to your PayPal or banking account.

When the promotion is running, it is almost impossible to get a search done on live.com during business hours. I have found that I can usually get on early in the morning or late in the evening.

The good news: is that you can save 25% of your purchase price (up to a maximum of $200 per item). The bad news is: you must pay full price and then wait 60 days for the refund.

Has anyone else besides me had experience with this promotion?

Last edited:

No joke.

Now the scope was a Nightforce Varminter model (not NXS and a lot like their current benchrest model) with a 5.5-22x56 with NP-1RR illuminated reticle. He paid the "Buy it Now" price of $900 to me through PayPal. As the Seller, I got $900 (less PayPal fees). He got the scope and the promise from Miocrosoft of a cash rebate of $200 in 60 days, making the net cost to him just $700.

My Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x50 LR/T also sold the same way. I suspect they also used the rebate as well for a net cost of $506.25. My other Luepold VX-III 4.5-15x50 LR for $625 did not sell, but it would have gone for a net cost of just $462. I will probably relist it.

I used the rebate program to buy a new Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 w/NP-R1 reticle and got $300 off full price of $1,568. I maxed out the live.com rebate of $200 and I was also able to use a 10% off ($100 max) coupon from eBay. My net cost was $1,268 + shipping. Of course, I am still waiting the required 60 days for the $200 from Microsoft. The seller was a dealer who told me that Nightforce is "mad as hell" about this promotion, but there doesn't seem to be a lot they can do about it.

I have also used the rebate program to buy $250 software, a $300 smartphone, Nightforce software & ADIMT (Seller agreed to combine into one auction).

Recent Posts