Alec Baldwin charged with Involuntary Manslaughter

Alec Baldwin couldn't tell a Colt from a cap gun. I don't believe an actor that has no knowledge of firearms shouldn't be handling them, to look the part,they should learn about the props. That being said, it was still an accident.
Which is why he is being charged with involuntary manslaughter not murder.

I don't like Alec Baldwin but charging him is totally ridiculous. The armorer is ultimately responsible for firearm safety on the set. She seems reluctant to talk about where the live ammo may have come from. Alec probably wouldn't know a real gun from a set prop, and it isn't his responsibility to know. Actors aren't firearm enthusiasts.
The armorer is being charged as well- and also with tampering with evidence.

Interesting point of view....
His set.
His armorer.
His gun (which in my mind isn't a prop if it is capable of shooting real ammunition).
His responsibility to check gun if pointing it and shooting at people.

Statements like yours don't suprise me anymore in a world of no accountability for someones own actions. What suprises me is that on a forum dedicated to firearms/hunting people make statements like this.

It was also widely reported that the crew had been shooting live ammo earlier in the day.
To start off with I am definitely not an Alec Baldwin fan. However, I somewhat agree with Varminthtr. Alec Baldwin would not know a Colt from a cap gun. Maybe if he had taken a hunter safety course when he was younger this might not have happened. Too bad that he is a liberal city-slicker and knows nothing about guns. If he had this might not have happened. Too bad Alec we have to let the chips fall where they may. Because of his ignorance someone is dead. The ammunition situation puzzles me though. How can you be an armorer and not know the difference between a loaded round and a blank. Maybe she was a liberal wanna be armorer that thought she knew about guns while having no experience with them. Either they forgot to unload the live rounds, which seems likely to me, or something fishy is going on. No reason to have live rounds on set. Where did they come from and why were they even around. Haven't seen a lot about this on the news, but then there wasn't a magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds involved or a black rifle. In this case ignorance is not bliss.

I'm of the nature you don't point a gun at anything or anyone you don't intend to shoot . Basic gun safety . He either pulled the trigger or was cocking the hammer and let it drop. Now my dad is an instructor and a hunter safety instructor. The armor has some responsibility also . Her job was safety ! If he would have had basic firearms saftey he would have checked the gun himself. Blanks vs real ammo it's real obvious . I think they have the charges right . He made a mistake !! He needs to own up to it 100%

I don't like Alec Baldwin but charging him is totally ridiculous. The armorer is ultimately responsible for firearm safety on the set. She seems reluctant to talk about where the live ammo may have come from. Alec probably wouldn't know a real gun from a set prop, and it isn't his responsibility to know. Actors aren't firearm enthusiasts.
The problem with this is the armorer wasn't even the one that handed him the the gun it was the assistant director. They had to much of a party atmosphere with too many people handing the gun.
It comes down to he hired the people, he pointed the gun at someone ( big no no on set ) and he pulled the trigger.

He should be charged.

If you read the Screen Actors Guild rules regarding firearms on the set, any day there are firearms to be used there is to be a safety meeting prior to shooting or handling firearms. Anyone who will be present during filming, even if they will not be handling a firearm during filming- must be present, as well as the armorer (who is to control the safety meeting) and have the opportunity to handle any firearm to be used that day, familiarize, ask questions, etc.

Does anyone really think Baldwin attended said safety meeting that day? I doubt it.

Does anyone believe said (required) safety meeting even took place that day?
I doubt it.

All the rules were in place. They just weren't followed. As is the case in most firearms accidents/ mishaps.

I think there's a lot being overlooked here...
1...yes..live ammunition in a 'prop gun'...
2...yes..he pointed at the lady AND pulled the trigger...his responsibilty....
3...yes..a projectile came out of that gun...

Big Problems....
1....live ammo in the gun....
2....knowledge of checking the gun you are going to shoot...he had none
3...even with blanks in a gun..if that gun was fired close enough to that lady's head she could still be dead...
4...PROP GUNS..don't actually fire ammo with projectiles....they are supposed to have a plugged barrel....just like a starters gun.....

So he pulled the trigger of a REAL gun with a REAL bullet at someone and KILLED that person.....
He was not protecting himself against an aggressive person......
Death Row....
I believe he did it to raise his
'star-dumb'...

1705711406542.jpeg