Who's in Charge Out There?

Buffalobob

Who\'s in Charge Out There?

Tomorrow is opening day of dove season and I normally take mosquito repellent and sunscreen. Of course, some moron let a hurricane loose and it is going to rain all day.

I decided to check the weather in Salmon, Idaho and the same moron is in charge out in Idaho. August is not even over. It still summer time and its is freezeing temperatures at night.

Somebody needs to get this situation under control. I do not like rain nor do I like cold . This is going to be a major disruption in my activities and I am certainly aggravated.

Re: Who\'s in Charge Out There?

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!!

First day of dove is tomorrow. Ol' Griz, my lab is rearing to go for his first season. Got the 20ga all tuned up for some quick shootin.

AND, as usual a cold front pust all and I mean all of the doves out of the country 3 days ago. There are none to be seen!!!

Today's high was low 80s. Low was about 31. Tomorrows high will be mid 70s and will freeze again tonight.

Gloom, dispair and agony on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Buffalobob, it's that damned Bush administration again. First New Orleans and now the local doves. I saw a flock fly through here yesterday with raincoats on.

As much as it pains me to admit that W ever gets anything right, he seemed to have managed to keep the hurricane delayed long enough for me to get my limit. All the rain at least kept the all the fair weather hunters away and it was mostly people who knew something about wing shooting. After missing the first 10-15 shots, I finally managed to remember what to do with a shotgun and had my limit by 2:00. It is highly distracting to shoot with water drops on your glasses.

431294.JPG

I saved the pic as..... imported into Photo CS and enhanced using a fractals code.

Yup! They gots webbed feet.......

i agree with you Doc. i'm heading down to Virginia beach tomorrow morning, if it's still there. this hurricain is Bush's fault. i know he caused it to mess up labor day weekend for every one!

You better shush up that kinda talk ! You gotta lotta miles to drive Mr Bob. You don wanta get whacked for such talk !!

anonymous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif or aka Jim

B. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

p.s. you folks can't count , limit is 15 doves not 12 !! Washintun D.C. , no wunder !

Sniper2

You first!

I already admitted to giving the doves a free ride for about 15 minutes.

P.S.

Naturally, I have more excuses than just the rain and wind. A good hunter always gets a full limit of excuses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have killed 20 out of a box and I have killed 0 out of a case.An explanation is in order when I started hunting it was with a Savage single barrel .410 full choke at age 7 or 8 and must have shot a couple of cases of shells before I could hit those doves, fist sized patterns aren't the best start for youngsters in my opinion!At age 12 I recieved a Browning sweet 16 Imp.Cyl barrel shotgun and after becoming profecient with the .410 full choke the 16ga Imp.Cyl was like throwing a sheet of plywood at them!Today I use 20ga with skeet choke and can still kill plenty out of a box... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifSure was good to beat those Hula girls!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.