Alberta White tail and Mule Deer last week

I now know why so many people hunt mule deer in Alberta.

I just spent the last 8 days in Banff & Lake Louise Alberta and I have NEVER in my life seen mule deer with that big of bodies. I only saw 2 bucks, 1 of them was this decent 4 point, traveling back and forth to the ski resort my daughter was training at but **** these deer are big bodied. When I commented on the body size of this 4 point I took this crappy cell phone pic of the local guy that was there said it was one of the smaller mulies I should expect to see.

Attachments

• Banff buck (2).jpg
    Banff buck (2).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 78
Arrrgh!!! Sorry about the pic being upside down. I'm not sure why it's like that, it wasn't like that before I sent it and I don't know how to fix it. Sorry :(

As bad as I hate to admit this, with the help of my wife, it should now be right side up. :)

I now know why so many people hunt mule deer in Alberta.

I just spent the last 8 days in Banff & Lake Louise Alberta and I have NEVER in my life seen mule deer with that big of bodies. I only saw 2 bucks, 1 of them was this decent 4 point, traveling back and forth to the ski resort my daughter was training at but **** these deer are big bodied. When I commented on the body size of this 4 point I took this crappy cell phone pic of the local guy that was there said it was one of the smaller mulies I should expect to see.

I first hunted these monsters in Alberta about 6 years ago and have gone back every year since. Will likely keep going until i drop........it's a Long Range Hunter's paradise!

The whitetails are huge as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.