Advice on Scope Welcomed

In the news the past few weeks has been many stories about a well know safe company, who built a backdoor way into their safes, and has been telling people about it. They should soon be going bankrupt.
You are right, that's what made me nervous about that.
If you are good at dial combo locks I think those are probably the best the digital electric key pad has me nervous to since the one failed me

Women are typically a better shot than us men. Y'all have steadier hands. My wife shoots handgun much better than I do, rifles and shotguns not as much just because she doesn't shoot as much as I do. We don't think y'all are less we just have our pride to protect 😁
I have to agree with you on that, the ladies in my life are very good shots and seem to take to it naturally

You are right, that's what made me nervous about that.
If you are good at dial combo locks I think those are probably the best the digital electric key pad has me nervous to since the one failed me

Someday I would like to buy an old safe from the 1950s or 60s. Backdoor ways into a modern safe is silly.
I've heard that some will open by just putting a large magnet near them.

I have taken two courses so far, a basics course, and a more advanced course on shooting. Also my boss, and some coworkers shoot a lot, and have for decades, so they have been extremely helpful.
I would like to take another course sometime, being even more advanced than the last course. I've heard about a woman who teaches some advanced lessons, who only lives about 75 kms away, i am going to reach out to her this winter. It would be nice to take some lessons from another woman.

I've gone with Hornady ELDX 175 grain.

This is generally considered a guys sport, some look down on us females, others just want to hit on us, what would be great is if they instead treated us as equals.
We aren't lesser human beings than males, but some men treat us that way.
It is refreshing when guys treat us the same as they would a guy friend.

At 4'11" and 93 lbs, some people see me as unable to do anything.
They seem surprised by just how much I can do.
I don't think it's only a guy's sport at all, I have taught all my girls from a very young age just like I would a boy.
My girls are straight up trigger pullers like anyone else and I laugh every time a man thinks they can outdo them 😁
My mother is about your size and never goes anywhere without her lady colt 45

Money doesn't tell the entire story, but if you want glass quality you will have to pay for it.

I would be careful about weight for a rifle like that. Not just the entire package, but balance. It sucks when a rifle is too heavy.

Schmidt and bender makes good hunting scopes that are very durable and are still quite light. I'd look st that, or maybe a trijicon credo/tenmile if I wanted to stay in the "light" class of scopes. Tangent theta hunter would be another 2500$ but be a good option that's still not crazy heavy.

I would drop the rangefinder idea and instead incorporate that into your binoculars, with your drops taped to your stock for moderate distances. I would look at leica.

I own a Meopta and Swarovksi.

The Swaro stays brighter about 1 minute longer than the Meopta at very last light.(like an hour past sunset, 30 minutes past legal shooting time anyway) In reality is it worth the extra money???

I did compare my Meopta to my brother inlaws Leupold VX5. There were five of us that kept passing the scopes back and forth at dusk. We were looking at a bean field and tree line about 600 yards away. There was no question at all by any of the five of us that the Meopta would give you a lot more shooting time at dusk. The Luepold faded to where you couldn't tell the difference between the beans and the trees all just dark mush. The Meopta still could see individual leaves on the beans and the trees. All five guys were in 100% agreement, Meopta had much better glass.

I went for dusk seeing ability. I am 54 and have pigment dispersion glaucoma. I NEED all the help I can get when it comes to a scope and last light. My 12 and 14 year old can see much better than my old eyes. I also love the red dot in both scopes. They have a huge range of intensity settings. Which lets you truly get the dot bright enough to see it good but not blind you.

Both are wonderful scopes. Good luck in your search.

Usual answer is buy the best you can afford, looking at your budget that's not an issue. Tangent theta or zero compromise optics either one basically can't be beat. Unless weight is of large concern I usually look to Swarovski for light weight builds.
I agree with vortex scopes. You can call them and discuss your needs. Dr hey will recommend the best fit for you in their scope line. Awesome company to deal with.

Mark 5 5-25 gets you in and around the range you specified in the original post, we'll all except the internal ranging. I'm a bit partial and still prefer my leica + my scope over the integrated systems like the burris xterminator.

It's a Christensen so you payed a bit of money to keep weight down, the mark 5hd is probably the lightest 5x25 from a mainstream brand. While objectively not zco or tt glass quality it certainly is good e ought for hunting. It's also the line where leupold seems to have figure out turrets.

On the grander scheme, my advice would be find a mid tier scope like the mark 5 and buy ammo with the rest of your 5 k budget. A 3700 scope with 1300 in ammo will make a better hunter than a 5000 scope and less ammo.

If your on 9000 acres, find some places to shoot and do so in all manner of conditions. Learn the rifle and begin to understand the wind and what it does to your surroundings in all seasons. Then send a few rounds and see how it goes.

Im a big Leupold Fan. I have Leupold's that are VX 2. VX 3 and VX5 . Very Good Quality, medium Price point, and great customer service , if ever needed. Just put a VX 5 3X to 15X on my Weatherby Ultralight, in 270 Win. I think its a 44 Objective lens with a 30mm dia. main tube. Lighted reticle which I have tried yet. Scope was an open box, never mounted scope. All paperwork, $1599.00 This November , it will go to N Carolina for whitetail. The Free CDC dial , from Leupold , for my specific load is on its way to me.