Advice on Scope Welcomed

Thank you.

I to have read every post in this thread, and appreciate them all, even those who posted about stuff I don't want, as its good to get a wide range of opinions.
Picked up my new Leupold scope yesterday, and before I got around to mounting it myself, as I was running multiple vehicles back and forth to the city to get new winter tires, it became a project for the guys, who mounted it yesterday, and then got it sighted in pretty darn close shooting beer cans.
Last night I was told that I had to finish tweaking it, but it would hit a beer can at 100 yards lol.
Yes I do love my boss and coworkers.
Last night and today I finished up adjusting it, and then put another 22 rounds through it today, not once missing a beer can at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. Its been great practice using my new Leica rangemaster, and then setting up the drop in my scope.
At 500 yards i just barely hit the bottom of the Kokanee can, aiming for the middle, but did hit it at least. I readjusted for shots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 at 500 yards, and was closer to center, but shot 4 was really high and almost went over the can, so know what is too low, and too High at 500 yards.
Great post you wrote up here Don, appreciate it, thanks.

Ps. I feel good about my moose hunt in a few days.
I have put 142 rounds through my new 7mm, and coworkers another 18.
I cleaned it a little bit ago, then put 1 fouling round through it from my front deck.
Forgot to buy a spare battery for my scope, so hopefully it lasts through my hunt, If not no worries, just no lit up red center dot. Should look up what battery it takes, write it on my weekly shopping list, so I don't forget again.
Did you mark your elevation turret?
!

I quit buying upper end Leupolds after their introduced CDLs which limit their elevation so can't shoot at farther ranges.

I still buy their cheaper line VX Freedoms for their super light weight and super mushy turrets that surprisingly work though.

I would have suggested a Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-35x56 and Burris Signature XTR rings as a one and done if you could manage the weight or a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 F1 MIL-XT and Burris Signature XTR rings for 40MOA additional elevation travel regardless of how relatively cheap they cost compared to your overly generous budget.

I factor in quickest turnaround time in addition to lifetime warranty as well.

Sounds like you have some serious acres you can shoot so don't let a scope limit your total elevation travel.

I'd use my Sightron SVIII 5-40x56 with 40MILs along with with at least a 20MOA base if I had your shooting distance and use an ATV or a wheelbarrow to truck it around your property.

Moved to the country in June 2021 when I took a new job, best thing that ever happened to me.
I live on a 9000 acre property owned by my boss, and am his personal assistant. This is not a Hollywood movie job, where I get him coffee, and pick up his dry cleaning.
My job description is that I do anything and everything.
Week 1 i learned how to saddle and ride a horse, drive a tractor, a semi truck, excavator, manual transmission vehicles, dirt bike, ATV, round up cattle, fly a drone, unclog a water pump, pour concrete footings, and shoot a 22, but that was a warm up for the 2 plus years since. My confidence has grown a million times over, and my boss doesn't treat me like a 93 pound girl, but sees me as an equal.
Since then he bought me a Henry 30-30 and taught me to shoot with sights, I'm not bad at it, fly his airplane and helicopter, run every piece of equipment he owns, and gives me a lot of responsibility.

I like shooting his bigger guns as well, so bought myself a 7mm.
Do I know much about guns, no I don't, so here i am to learn.

So happy to no longer be an RN, and living the country lifestyle.
You have achieved the dream. Congratulations to you! I know it's real work, but some of the most satisfying work that can be done. I hope you can enjoy it for many years and make a life of it. Few people get out of "cog in a wheel" life.

Since you are flying occasionally, it's not a bad idea to start learning to fly by instrument. Buy a hood and play around with it when you can. Most all accidents are weather related or non-instrument pilots getting disoriented and getting upside down (ask the Kennedy's).

Once again, congratulations on your lifestyle change!

Love your spirit and guts to change the direction of your personal and professional life! We grow the most when we challenge ourselves by placing ourselves in uncomfortable/new positions (healthy ones of course).

Frankly I have some of the high end brands mentioned so far (zeiss, leupold, etc), but a couple of years ago I purchased the Sig Sauer BDX system for both of my hunting rifles. I bought and mounted 2 Sig Sauer Sierra3BDX 4.5-14X50mm's and matched them with a SIG SAUER KILO5K 7 x 25 mm rangefinder. I have been very impressed with both the BDX system and the performance of the optics especially in low light conditions. And all in I spent $2k = very good value.

So for somewhat of a beginner that's hunting in the wide open, I would encourage you to at least look at a couple videos online about this system. It's pretty cool and so far has worked flawlessly for me. Good luck!!!

For someone