Advice on Scope Welcomed

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to shooting.
Having moved from a large city, and never shooting a gun before, to living on a huge acreage, and now a gun owner.

I first bought a 22 long rifle, then a lever 30-30, but a couple weeks ago bought a Christensen Ridgeline 7mm PRC.
My new Christensen is what I want to get the scope for.
My budget is up to $5000, I've heard there are scopes that cost triple that, but they're not for me.
I know that I want at least a 50mm if not 56mm so it is bright. Magnification from say 3, 4, or 5, up to 24 or more.

Do any good scopes have built in range finders?

I'm not very good at guessing distances.

Will any scope fit on my rifle?

I have shot a few peoples rifles this past year with scopes on them, and noticed a huge amount of quality difference when looking through them, between cheap, and more expensive.
Burris makes several different rangefinding scopes . I have been using burris scopes 15 years now but have never had one of the rangefinding scopes. Never had one i did not like.

My boss has leupold scopes on 4 of his rifles.
I bought a cheap Bushnell and put it on my 22, it is a terrible scope, but as I said it was cheap.

I am reading every suggestion, and making a list of all them to look into, thanks.
You don't need much scope on that .22 because it doesn't shoot far accurately.
For the 7mm, CD $5000 will definitely buy all the scope you need. NightForce ("NF") are very accurate and can take all the abuse you can give them. The Revic by Gunwerks in Wyoming has all the electronic devices built it (weather, altitude, range finding) but may be illegal in Canada.
You can learn the answer to that question online. The Canadian wildlife departments have all their regulations online.
Good look, and post a picture of your first trophy, even if it's just a gopher.
And welcome to the outdoors and hunting world, Little Lady.

You can find better prices than 2200. Yep. I'm seriously considering selling my ATACR and switching to a leupold. Their customer service is second to none. That does a lot for me.
I have needed NF service twice, and it was outstanding. Rapid turnaround, and they didn't charge me a farthing.
Also mentioned she might be around 93lbs. I'm guessing that is smaller than most here.
I'm guessing that is smaller than most here.......like 100% of us here.

Small Lady said: This is generally considered a guys sport

I think that has been by default. Not many women have participated in the past. These days, more and more women are, which is very refreshing. As you can see from these responses, the LRH forum is very encouraging and respectful of ladies. (Len, the founder, wouldn't have it any other way.)

Last edited:
If I had that much to spend, I'd get a Vortex Viper PST, a decent rangefinder and spend the rest on ammo. Just because you can afford the "best" scope out there doesn't necessarily mean it's the "best" choice. Since you're new at shooting, perhaps spend some of that money taking a long range shooting class. After all, you need to know how to use your new equipment.

I still like the Huskemaw 5x20 for hunting purposes.
It has decent glass, very reliable, and it's a very easy to use system.

I have no experience with it personally.
Am happy with my choice.
More rifles around me with Leupold scopes, than any other brand, and the owners are happy shooters.

Be aware that Burris, which has been mentioned a couple of times, is known as a low budget scope.
Are you going to qualify this statement some or just mic drop it? Certainly you are not talking about the XTR3?? or maybe you are.
Who are you directing this at?

If me, no mic drop, no need to qualify anything.
No, sorry. I didn't get the quote thing working right.