Advice on a drag bag or case/shooting mat combo?

canine

Hi guys,
I am looking for a drag bag type of rifle case or a case / shooting mat combo. I have narrowed my choices down to the Galati gear, Tac Ops or eagle HSRC. I will mainly use for transporting the gun to and from range / hunting areas and deploying the mat for prone shooting. The Tac Ops bag is more like a drag bag, but has an included mat. As I will be using for transportation for hunting, I gues it should have some reasonable amount of storage space. Any first hand knowledge or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have the Galati and use it a lot. I like the mat part of it quite well, the bag hasn't got much storage space. It's a well made bag that straps the gun into it and has loops for 10 rounds of ammo and a tube for a cleaning rod. It also has straps for a backpack carry, molle attachments and strings for attaching stuff.
I've friends that have the Tac Ops and I've a nodding acquaintance with it. The mat is smaller than the Galati but not too small. The bag has so much storage you can make it too heavy to carry. It is very well built and will last forever. It also straps the gun down and has room for a cleaning rod. My friends that have them love them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.