advice on 7 PRC receiver for build

The only thing I will add to this is that you shouldn't equate how much you spend on it to how well it shoots. What I mean by that is that if you spend $4000 on the build and end up with a rifle that shoots 0.75MOA, don't be overly disappointed because you also have a factory rifle that does that. Be content with the fact that you have a great shooting rifle that has everything YOU wanted on it, rather than a rifle manufacturers idea of what is best.
If you can't make peace with yourself on that, custom builds are not for you.

Now, if you get the whole thing together and it won't print anything less than 2MOA, then go ahead and be disappointed. But be realistic about why you are building.

And to answer your question, the easy button is buy a Tikka, strip it down, keep the action and trigger, sell the rest, buy a shouldered prefit from one of the many people that provide them (Preferred Barrel Blanks, Unknown Munitions, and PVA are my recommendations), get a Rokstok from Unknown or a Stocky's VG from Stocky's, bottom metal from HCA or Mountain Tactical, magazine from either of those as well, rings from Unknown, and decent scope and you will have a great build.
I agree with the Tikka idea I've done 4 of the with prefits from X-Caliber. Another great stock is from Pure Precision formerly Mesa Precision along with their bottom metal

I wouldn't hesitate on using a Sako action or an Impact NBK. My last build I utilized an Impact 787r prefit Bartlein barrel , McMillan hunter stock have been pleased.

Remington hit the lottery when they designed the M700 action.
Other manufacturers must have thought, "Why didn't we think of that ?"
That basic design is the basis for today's custom action industry.
Most aftermarket actions, stocks and accessories utilize the Remington 700 footprint.

There are many actions and design tweeks to choose from.
Separate recoil lug, pinned recoil lug or integrated recoil lug.
60, 75 or 90 bolt lift.
Integrated pic rail
Pre-fit
You can even have CRF if that's your thing.

Remington hit the lottery when they designed the M700 action.
Other manufacturers must have thought, "Why didn't we think of that ?"
That basic design is the basis for today's custom action industry.
Most aftermarket actions, stocks and accessories utilize the Remington 700 footprint.

There are many actions and design tweeks to choose from.
Separate recoil lug, pinned recoil lug or integrated recoil lug.
60, 75 or 90 bolt lift.
Integrated pic rail
Pre-fit
You can even have CRF if that's your thing.
700 are like a small block Chevy engines lots of after market parts that won't break the bank

FYI . Your mileage may vary.
The 66 gr load w/ RE 26 and the Berger 175 and Peterson new brass was 2906 fps with ES - 6.1 SD- 2.5. Group was .3 the next best group in the ladder was .5 w/67.5 gr RE 26. Believe it or not I had 3 shots that ALL registered 2986.4 on my Garmin so… this one is gonna be easy. I loaded to pretty much max length in my mag. It was 3.295 coal . BTO 2.442. Im jumping .100 to lands. Disclaimer: as you know all barrels and chambers are different so back off and proceed with caution. ⚠️. I did not see any pressure signs or heavy bolt lift.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3606.jpeg
    IMG_3606.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 11
Just built a 7 PRC on a Tikka action with a magnum bolt face. Installed a Carbon 6 24 in barrel on it. Mesa stock . Shot it yesterday for the first time. Shows a lot of potential. The action is very smooth and it feeds great.
DITTO with my Son's build,..
Tikka Mag Action, Stocky's Carbon fiber Stock, Elay Precision Trigger Spring, Zeiss 4.5 - 16X Scope, Proof 24 inch CF, Barrel, with just under, 72 grains of StaBall HD, produced, 2,985 FPS with, 180 gr. ELD-M's and, group's ( 5 shots ),.. in the Low 3's to, 1/2 inch. He's,. very HAPPY, to say the Least !
E-Z peasy accuracy without, the "Custom Build",.. Prices !

I'm a Model 70 Win Mag guy.
Built my 7PRC on a control feed action, with Douglas Barrel 24" air gauge.
Built my 6.5/7PRC on a push feed that already had a factory Magnum mag box.
Both are very good shooters.
I'm in the Camp with Semi Custom using factory receivers. I wish you the Best on your build.
Factory mag. 7PRC neck down to 264 and a 156gr.

Attachments

• 20240221_150009.jpg
    20240221_150009.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: