Advice, new custom rifle

I dont like the minimum velocity of the 260 rem I someday hope to start reloading and if I do ill use some thing like a 6.5-300 win mag and the 264 win mag is hard on barrels and usally doesnt have agressive enough twist rate fro 145 gr + bullets

I dont like the minimum velocity of the 260 rem I someday hope to start reloading and if I do ill use some thing like a 6.5-300 win mag and the 264 win mag is hard on barrels and usally doesnt have agressive enough twist rate fro 145 gr + bullets
3000FPS with 130gr Sciroccos isn't going to burn barrels but gives extremely good performance.

Remember with high BC bullets you can maintain velocity downrange very well without having to aim for maximum muzzle velocity.

3000FPS with 130gr Sciroccos isn't going to burn barrels but gives extremely good performance.

Remember with high BC bullets you can maintain velocity downrange very well without having to aim for maximum muzzle velocity.

Honestly your right but I like high bc bullets at high speed!!!! and my opinoin of minmum per formance is less than 2800 fps

Honestly your right but I like high bc bullets at high speed!!!! and my opinoin of minmum per formance is less than 2800 fps
The point I was making is that you can indeed get more than your acceptable minimum velocity with the .260 and there are a wealth of quality High BC bullets available for it so you can keep that velocity high all the way down range along with great accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.