Adjusting the Remington Xmark Trigger

scsims

Can someone explain how to adjust the Remington Xmark Pro trigger? Mine came from the factory set to about 5lbs.

The screw set up is just like the older style triggers, so the pull weight is adjusted by the lower screw in the front of the trigger. Both the overtravel and sear adjustment screws are coated (I should say entombed) in some epoxy like substance. I would try adjusting the screw out a little to see if you can get it down to a safe level, that you like. I was able to get the x-mark pro on my 700 down to 3 lbs, and it passed all the safety tests.

The issue with adjusting these triggers down to ~2 pounds, is that the trigger spring is relatively short, and as the adjustment screw is backed out, you may find there is not enough pressure on the trigger to return it to a safe position, consistently so there is adequate sear engagement. On the old style remington triggers, you could buy a screw kit from Holland Guns (via Midway for example) that would drop in and allow a nice, light trigger pull with a longer/lighter trigger spring. There is a guy selling springs on ebay for the new style x-mark pro triggers, that purports to do the same thing.

The screw set up is just like the older style triggers, so the pull weight is adjusted by the lower screw in the front of the trigger. Both the overtravel and sear adjustment screws are coated (I should say entombed) in some epoxy like substance. I would try adjusting the screw out a little to see if you can get it down to a safe level, that you like. I was able to get the x-mark pro on my 700 down to 3 lbs, and it passed all the safety tests.

Thought I'd post my experience, as info for this trigger seem hard to come by on the internet.

Visigoth is exactly right about all the screws being coated, and only one of them (the one he specifies above) being adjustable by the "common man". The coating "melts" after 30 seconds of exposure to Nail Polish remover. I was able to adjust my trigger down to nearly 32 ozs before closing the bolt fired the trigger....so now it's set at 2 3/4 lb, for some safety margin. The screw got a blob of Blue Loctite, and after that set, the whole trigger assembly got a shot of Hornady One Shot dry lube.

Tuck2 has a similar post on the following thread at shootersforum...
X-Mark Pro trigger - Shooters Forum

I would emphasize performing several function checks on the trigger (closing bolt briskly, safety on/off, etc) prior to calling your adjustment complete.

Hard to feel the difference between the Timney I have on a Mark V and this trigger...feels great so far now!

I don't like the feel of the smooth curved trigger shoe but the xmark pro is actually adjustable to a reasonably usable trigger aside from that

I have adjusted my X mark trigger down to about 2 3/4 lbs. I cannot go any lower than that withou the rifle "firing" (dry) when I test it out. Have you guys adjusted the sear engagement when adjustng pull weight? I have been thinking about taking my rifle to the smith for some trigger work, or just swapping in a Jewel trigger. am notoverly thrilled with the trigger to date. What do you guys think? Trigger jobor ne trigger? Rifle is a Sendero SFII

Have you guys adjusted the sear engagement when adjusting pull weight?

On one of them I did...the other I didn't...I like the X mark trigger as much as I liked the old 700 triggers...but neither of them will compare to a Jard, Jewell, Timney, etc. without doing some work to them.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.