ADJ cheek pc.

OneShot0351

Anyone know a smith that can cut and install adj cheek piece on a McMillian stock?
I seen a few online that do this esp w/ wood but not w/ synthetic... if any of you guys know of someone out that has experience or specializes in this let me know, thanks.

Anyone know a smith that can cut and install adj cheek piece on a McMillian stock?
I seen a few online that do this esp w/ wood but not w/ synthetic... if any of you guys know of someone out that has experience or specializes in this let me know, thanks.

Normally the composite stocks have a hollow but stock and cutting them is a pain.

The best thing to do is ether build the stock up and repaint it or buy one of the bolt on type and
install it your self.

There are some gun photographs under gun Photos that will have this type of cheek piece
on them and you can look and see if this is what you want.

J E CUSTOM

I have the mcmillian rem hunter, i have a blackhawk "strap on pad" i use now, its in the "mcswirly" finish so build up is not really an option, and the karstens or defensive edge is the absolute last option(another problem w/ that is the monte carlo style cheek piece that is on it) those bolt on styles are not really made for that, and the monte carlo style that is on it is not quite enough rise for me to get a good consistent cheek weld, i like to shoot with the almost full weight of my cheek heavy on the stock, anyways there is a guy on snipers hide they call the stocdoc, that installs the terry cross adjustable pc on mcmil, manners, and hs Prec. stock i contacted him and he is currently out of units, if you can google and see some of his work it looks great as if it came from the factory like that. I googled that and didnt find anyone off hand that does that type work (at least not syn. i seen plently of adj installed in wood) but i know there are smiths on this site and guys that know others that have to have some experience w/ this type of work.

mainly looking for more of a custom fit and great look on an already great looking and no expenses spared built gun. the options that you mentioned are otherwise great options and they do work and do there job great! but i wanna seek out all the "custom" or "professional look" options availible before i start drillin and screwin and mold'n and paint'n.

I'm a wood guy, but may have an option for your cheekpiece.

I have, and install the KMW hardware in my stocks. It's hit or miss in getting the hardware from Terry. I like the hardware, but it was not designed for ease of installation in a cutom stock. It was designed, and rightfully so, for the "situational stocks" that he designed. Terry's stuff is top shelf!

So the solution for the custom wood stock guys was to design a piece of hardware that functions like the KMW, but aligns itself with the high end custom wood stocks... And that's what we did.

If you look at the below pictures, which are all of the same stock, you can see the hardware that we designed for this purpose.

If you never saw the KMW, you would not be able to tell the differences. If you have held the KMW in your hand, then you will see that the bottom piece is designed for an easier, more custom installation. Everything else functions the same.

This hardware may be a good option for your no expenses spared built rifle.

Attachments

• berry5.jpg
    berry5.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 69
  • berry7.jpg
    berry7.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 51
  • mark1.jpg
    mark1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 68
  • mb4.jpg
    mb4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
thanks joel and outlaw, i have your and terry cross page saved to my favorites and stared long and hard at your stocks on many occasions on my last build and open terry's nearly everyday now planning a 300wm build, wanting to put the order in on sentinel so bad i cant stand it, some of the info on his page is not updated and no idea of his turn around time or the availability of receiving one according to some of the information on his page, knowing his stocks go thru mcmillian to build, a custom order finished in the same pattern of my mcmillian now and copying the action and flutes would make a "big brother/twin rifles" build that would have any LR enthusiast drooling. but again, thanks joel and outlaw for the fast response, i will message you and chad and see what i can work out :)

No problem, I think I can speak for Joel by saying, we're happy to help. That's what this forum is for.

FYI- The cheek piece hardware on my pictured rifle & those in the thread I posted are different, mine is a "Gen 1" and the other is a new & improved setup I guess. I have an identical MCS-T5 in Chad's shop right now getting the New Hardware installed.

t

Last edited:
Chad's work is above repraoch as is evident in Outlaw's piece pictured. He would probably be my first stop for glass re-mod...

With Terry's blessings, I have a wood Sentinel stock...:D

....With Terry's blessings, I have a wood Sentinel stock...:D

No kidding?! I think I could dig that; do you have any pics?

BTW- The wood on the stock you posted earlier is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! If you could duplicate that look on a composite stock .....

t

im w/ Outlaw i would love to see that as well,

chad should should have a message in the inbox now, thanks again.

To his email or a PM? He is ramping up a new CNC Mill for a barreled action group buy & might be away from his 'puter. If that doesn't work, try this:

605-490-2561

t

thru the email link on his site. ill let him work and not bother him w/ a phone call(as i have limited access to dial out anyways) long as he gets back to me within the next few months, im on a tropical vacation right now and have somebody on the home front gonna send it off for me so i have some shiny new presents waitin for me when get back. great time to order things when turnaround time/backorder or special order will be delivered long before you are. save you the anxiety wondering what day the big brown trucks gonna come rollin up the driveway.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.