Adjustable cheek piece for a raised comb?

angus-5024

Im starting a friend into hunting/LR hunting. He has a Model 70 Extreme weather in 300 win mag. It has a bell and carlson medalist (i think) on it with the raised cheek piece. He is haveing some serious stock weld problems and want an adjustable cheek piece. I cant find any cheekpieces for this style of stock. can someone point me in the right direction. I could try to jimmy rig something from ABS or similar but he wants it done right (rightly so). He doesnt want a "stap on" style either. does anyone know of a cheekpiece that will fit the bill? Thanks

I use the Defensive Edge cheek pieces. They install easy enough and function well.

..::Defensive Edge - Custom Gunsmithing::..

Bobs20092.jpg

DE1.jpg

BuffaloBob,
I see you use the flip up anti- cant. do you like this better than the two in one units offered (that have the ACI in them as well)? Just curious as I would like to get both, but if the ACI is not needed (shots 800 and under) I would probably get something anlong the lines of what you have. thanks

I seldom use nor look at the anticant bubble. I have them on all of the rifles but just don't use them. I carry a Silva Ranger compass which has an inclinometer in it and use it when ranges get much more than 500 yards. The ACI type units are very appealing but I have resisted buying one so far. They would save weight and time.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts