Addition to the Reloading Bench

Lethal_Chica

So I realized that I ran out of room on my 8 foot bench for reloading and such. Between all the equipment, I just plain needed more space. I ended up building a 6' wood addition onto my bench so now my entire work bench is an L shape. It did not turn out quite as level as I planned, but pretty close. Best part I was able to work with my father on it. It has been awhile since we have done stuff like this together.

I found that the leveling legs on the chargemaster were just too small and not as stable as I would like, so I built a platform from Oak and used leveling furniture legs. I used a little loctite to fasten 4 nuts together, bored out enough of the platform to accommodate the combined nuts, and then used epoxy to set the nuts into the routed holes. Once the epoxy set it was nice and stable, and leveling the chargemaster was a cinch!

Tomorrow is cleanup and organization. I am moving the air compressor about 8' away and just going to run the hose to the bench. I also ordered a mount from Inline Fabrication to remount the press up higher. Hoping that shows up late this week or early next week. Annealing machine gets placed tomorrow. I am out of brass, so time to anneal and resize so I can get to reloading and shooting!

1592783104645.png

1592783140658.png

1592783153131.png

1592783164146.png

Funny, I am already thinking about opposite the new bench. I have an old dresser there for storage, I might make a bench there just for throwing powder.
After that you'll get a vise for taking barrels on and off, then a lathe and on and on down the rabbit hole lol.

You're mighty handy! I get all confused when I try to think about doing something like that.

It's neat that you got to spend some time with your Dad on this project. It turned out really nice!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.