Accuracy Issues with 30 cal Nosler 190 gr Accubond LR

Double Dropper

How have these been grouping for folks, I have a bunch loaded up for range day but havent been out yet, hows the accuracy and consistency been?? Hoping these long range bullets work out.

I could never get them to work for me, gave up on the but the 210 ABLRs worked great for me pushed by H1000

Tried them in a 30-06 and 300 Winmag.

Gave me fits with both.

Different powders with both. Seating depth changes. One day it was tight groups the next it was unpredictable.

I think I read in another post a bit back that they had inconsistent bearing surface ogive junction... maybe it was another. Either way I gave up on them.

Loved the idea of it in a 30-06 for the lower expansion velocity.

Thanks for asking this question. I was trying to get the 190 gr ABLR to work in my 300 Win Mag and was having inconsistent results. Hunting season was coming up so I decided to use the 200 gr AB this year.

I could never get them to work for me, gave up on the but the 210 ABLRs worked great for me pushed by H1000

I've called Nosler tech support. I've received excellent customer service. These bullets have to be loaded a precise way for best results.

The reality is regular Accubonds will shoot a very far distance.

I've called Nosler tech support. I've received excellent customer service. These bullets have to be loaded a precise way for best results.

The reality is regular Accubonds will shoot a very far distance.

So what is the PERCISE way that they have to be loaded. I have a box setting on the shelf that I don't think I have opened yet. Might check these out in a 300WM.

My son is currently shooting the ABLR 190's in his 300WM. Accuracy is pretty good, 5/8" at 100 yds. This past weekend the shot a Bull Elk CLOSE like 30 yds.. Great shoulder shot. Bullet NEVER exited ! Didn't even make it to the rib cage on the off side !! Terrible terminal performance for a bullet that heavy, at close range. Should have been a soft ball size hole in the off shoulder.

My son is currently shooting the ABLR 190's in his 300WM. Accuracy is pretty good, 5/8" at 100 yds. This past weekend the shot a Bull Elk CLOSE like 30 yds.. Great shoulder shot. Bullet NEVER exited ! Didn't even make it to the rib cage on the off side !! Terrible terminal performance for a bullet that heavy, at close range. Should have been a soft ball size hole in the off shoulder.

Did the bullet break apart?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.