AccuBond 190 LR .300 WM

Hawk in WY

My Krieger 25 inch barrel, ten twist .300 WM that shoots most everything into 0.5 moa with other bullets doesn't seem to like the AB-LR 190 gr. Since I have a bunch of them, I would like to find a load that works. I have had good results on elk with AccuBond bullets.

N-560 isn't getting the job done, unless you call 1.5 moa groups good. Have 7977 and H1000 but open to trying other options.

Any suggestions where to try again.

Thanks in advance.

Loaded some for a buddy. 77grs H1000, 2905FPS. but groups were 1"-1.25". I don't think his gun is really capable of shooting any better then that. Skinny barrel, light weight hunting gun. He was pleased with it, and now has gotten himself a reloading set up.

Try H4831sc...out of four powders H1000, H4350, RL22, 4831 was the most consistent...groups under .5 MOA at 200 yards.

My Krieger 25 inch barrel, ten twist .300 WM that shoots most everything into 0.5 moa with other bullets doesn't seem to like the AB-LR 190 gr. Since I have a bunch of them, I would like to find a load that works. I have had good results on elk with AccuBond bullets.

N-560 isn't getting the job done, unless you call 1.5 moa groups good. Have 7977 and H1000 but open to trying other options.

Any suggestions where to try again.

Thanks in advance.

ICYMI, check out >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/nosler-lr-accubonds-bc-testing-results-137554/

Brian's data are very helpful. Thank you.

Stability factor of 1.67 should be OK, but I'm shooting at 6,200 feet. I wonder if elevation and stability are correlated and if that is what is showing up on the 200 yard target. It may not be the powder but my 10 twist barrel that's the problem. lightbulb

The BC according to Brian with my ten twist barrel is a bit disappointing. I haven't shot these beyond 200 yards yet since there is no benefit is burning up bullets that won't group at 200.

Just ran some today out of my factory 700BDL. Only had 50 yard access. Used 70.2 gr. of Reloader 22 with 3.340 oal. Average group 3 shot group @.625 with 2750 FPS average. Hopefully I'll get up to Homestead and stretch out the distance. Looks like promising elk medicine.

You might want to give RL23 a try in place of RL22. RL23 should be more temperature stable and it was giving me 1/2 MOA from my 300 WM using 190 Berger VLDs. Both RL22&23 pressured up a couple grains below published maximums for me so I would suggest following the adage of working up.

Found RL=23.

Not much data published but up to 75.5 gr looks OK.

Starting lower and working up of course.

I see Nosler's on line load data now shows RL-17 as the most accurate powder.

Don't have that of course.

I know you gave up on H-4831sc, but I just wanna throw out my experience with it in a 300 and a 180 ballistic tip. I was working up loads in a Ruger #1 and wasn't getting good accuracy in it, until I really pushed it. When I got to 3210 fps it shot 1/2-3/4 moa out of a factory Ruger #1. But, the load was WAY above listed max. But I wasn't limited by mag length, so I seated them .010 off lands. Remington brass was still good @ 3 loadings. If you worked up till you saw pressure and still didn't get acceptable results, then ignore my words ha ha but when I loaded it, groups were 2" until I got over 3100 fps. I have my powder charge wrote down in my reloading room, but as I said, these pills were seated way out.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts