accuracy at 700/800 with 1.5 moa at 300???????????

30-06 boy

hey guys,
just got home from shooting my savage 110fp in 300wm.looking for the "load".i think i've found it.78rl25-200smk.3 shots at a little over 300 yards=1.625 center to center.at around 2970 fps.in your experience how well would a load that shoots like this at 300 do at 800???????????also my chronograph is a chrony with a control that is run to the bench.how accurate are these units as far as shot to shot. my es on this load is23 fps??????????thanksjason

30-06;

Your gun is currently shooting just a bit over .54 MOA groups. There are many variables that effect accuracy as the distances increase. IF the gun held the same .54 all the way to 800yds it would be shooting 4.3" groups, but the only way to know is shoot it at that distance. Chrony's are average at best from what i have seen. There are much better chrono's out there, but it is still a good tool for checking loads. Your extreme velocity spreads is one thing that will effect groups at long ranges. Case prep, bullet prep, ect. Go Shoot it!

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.