Accura V2

257steiny

So I have a CVA Accura V2 50 cal. and I used it on one hunt years ago and wasn't really impressed with the accuracy. I was running 3-Triple seven pellets, Powerbelt Copper 245 gr bullets.
Now I have a muzzleloader hunt for this fall and want to get some ideas on loads or a good recommendation if someone out there does custom loads?
I am also thinking of installing a Williams peep on it as well.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Deer hunting?

80grains by weigt blackhorn 209 [some people measure by volume so be sure they clarify volume vs weight measurement]

Hornady 250 sst with black harvester sabot
I had fed and cci 209 primers with no difference.

The black harvester sabot is key.... not all sabot are equal.

Shoots awesome. Right at one moa up to 250 yards.

I did a ladder test. Know your max load, start there and start backing off a grain at a time until you see a node where they are hitting together.

The sst bullets i wouldn't use for anything bigger than deer. Muzzleloader bullets are notoriously inconsistent expansion wise. But the few deer I've shot with the sst have been hit really well and passed through so honestly don't even know if they expanded but deer died quickly.

Last edited:
Deer hunting?

80grains by weigt blackhorn 209 [some people measure by volume so be sure they clarify volume vs weight measurement]

Hornady 250 sst with black harvester sabot
I had fed and cci 209 primers with no difference.

The black harvester sabot is key.... not all sabot are equal.

Shoots awesome. Right at one moa up to 250 yards.

I did a ladder test. Know your max load, start there and start backing off a grain at a time until you see a node where they are hitting together.

The sst bullets i wouldn't use for anything bigger than deer. Muzzleloader bullets are notoriously inconsistent expansion wise. But the few deer I've shot with the sst have been hit really well and passed through so honestly don't even know if they expanded but deer died quickly.
So you would recommend a sabot rather than no sabot? And yes, I will be shooting deer.