Accubond vs barnes lrx

Cricket

I shoot a 300 wby mag for mainly deer in Saskatchewan. Which bullet do you guys think I should shoot if they both shoot well.

Barnes if you're a meat hunter and also if you want to go for bigger game. Barnes will penetrate and then some. I haven't used the accubond, but have used the scirocco in my 300 RUM and 7 SAUM and it is one heck of a bullet if your gun likes them. I had a client shoot a 7'9" grizz with a 180 tsx this last fall and it went from shoulder to ham and exited. He used a 300 RUM pushing them at 3200. I would go with whichever shoots best and if both shoot the same, flip a coin you can't go wrong.

Reuben

Thanks ak. Glad to hear it from a guide up north you would no because you see it all fall

I have used the AB and the barnes a lot! I like the barnes because I like to know that itll crush bone no matter what.. however if they both shoot the same and you are only killing deer the accubond might not be a bad choice, they shed a little weight and cause a secondary wound. so it may but them down faster and the AB will definitley have the weight retention to still break deer bone. so as stated above flip a coin they are both great choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.