Accubond Long Range

That would be great, i will pm you my email adress.

E-mailed you 8 pictures Riley.
I'm kicking & screaming into the 21st century, so needless to say I'm Technology Retarded!
I spent HOURS getting lessons from my wife to be able to post pics on LRH in 2009', but have since forgot how to even turn on a computer, let alone post pics on here!
It doesn't seem possible to do from my phone. LRH has historically been a ROYAL PAIN IN THE *** to post pics on anyway. Heard the mods made it easier, & I tried like 4 times reading how, & trying from my phone without success. So I just don't bother anymore.
If you'd like to post the ones I sent you, by all means go for it, I cannot, & will not even try.
Kinda funny how I can E-mail, or text em but not post em on LRH huh, but oh well. hahaha :D

Here are the pics. Looks like a nice long boattail like the 210 ALR and it looks like it will have a pretty decent BC and i think it will land in the mid .5s range.

Attachments

• GetAttachment (5).jpg
    GetAttachment (5).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 68
  • GetAttachment (6).jpg
    GetAttachment (6).jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 76
  • GetAttachment (7).jpg
    GetAttachment (7).jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 65
  • GetAttachment (8).jpg
    GetAttachment (8).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 57
  • GetAttachment (9).jpg
    GetAttachment (9).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 61
  • GetAttachment (10).jpg
    GetAttachment (10).jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 70
Two more.

Attachments

• GetAttachment (11).jpg
    GetAttachment (11).jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 65
  • GetAttachment (12).jpg
    GetAttachment (12).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 72
I'd guess .550-.575 or more but it's a wild guess right now.
From all accounts the ABLR's in 30 cal were right there with AMax & Berger of similar wt.
So anybody know if Berger makes a 277 150? & what the BC is?

Last edited:
E-mailed you 8 pictures Riley.
I'm kicking & screaming into the 21st century, so needless to say I'm Technology Retarded!
I spent HOURS getting lessons from my wife to be able to post pics on LRH in 2009', but have since forgot how to even turn on a computer, let alone post pics on here!
It doesn't seem possible to do from my phone. LRH has historically been a ROYAL PAIN IN THE *** to post pics on anyway. Heard the mods made it easier, & I tried like 4 times reading how, & trying from my phone without success. So I just don't bother anymore.
If you'd like to post the ones I sent you, by all means go for it, I cannot, & will not even try.
Kinda funny how I can E-mail, or text em but not post em on LRH huh, but oh well. hahaha :D

Haha, i cant figure out how to do them on my phone either, but if i get them in my email i can either save it to my computer or photobucket and just do it that way. I saved these ones to my computer so thats why some came out sideways. I will try to rotate the sideways ones.

I'd guess .550-.575 or more but it's a wild guess right now.
From all accounts the ABLR's in 30 cal were right there with AMax & Berger of similar wt.
So anybody know if Berger makes a 277 150? & what the BC is?

.531 G1 BC for the 150 VLD

If you want to post a pic, then upload it at some hoster, personally I use abload.de, copy the pictures url, type
and paste the url inbetween the tags (clamped command codes).
It should look like this:
image.php
Without the blank space.
Looks like this when done right.

img_02252xp3q.jpg

You can do this from your phone, as long as the picture is hosted somewhere else and just has to be linked to.

ps: Pic was too large.

Ok here goes. My rifle is a weatherby mkv with a 27 inch 9 twist benchmark barrel chambered in 270 winchester. The range above my house has a 3 foot green circle with a one foot red circle in the middle painded on rocks at 700 and 1000 yards

Normal long range load is a 165 (.638 G1 BC) grain matrix with 57.5 grains of H1000 lit by CCI BR2 primers. Muzzle velocity is right at 2820.

Test load is a 150 ( advertized .625 G1 BC) grain nosler with 54.2 grains of H4831sc lit by CCI BR2 primers. Muzzle velocity is 2820.

Conditions for the day:
63F, 1900 elevation, almost zero wind.

Tested one each at 700 yards... Too close to call!!!

Went to 1000 yards. Matrix dope is 7.5 mils elevation. Shot two, all is good.

Put the nosler BC into the machine and it spit out a solution of 7.6 mils. Aimed 1.5 feet high (just in case) first shot hits the point of aim.

Next four shots I aimed at the red inner circle. Elevation was in the hunt and tracked with the advertized BC.

YRMV

If you want to post a pic, then upload it at some hoster, personally I use abload.de, copy the pictures url, type
and paste the url inbetween the tags (clamped command codes).
It should look like this:
image.php
Without the blank space.
img_02252xp3q.jpg

You can do this from your phone, as long as the picture is hosted somewhere else and just has to be linked

Just spent 1-1/2 hrs learning how to upload pics from my phone to photobucket. Then tried the above instructions. Not happening. I can try all I want to share or save or copy & paste or.....
I don't get any "URL" to put I between any "" signs.

I did however, learn how to click on the paper clip thingy & do it strait from my phone without photo bucket. Thanks to "Elevendysixty" (LRH member) & my patient, tech savy wife, both coaching me thru it.
I think I got "Runner Up" to the Bronze Medal in the Tech Special Olympics.

I appreciate your willingness to try & help the Technology Retarded like myself.
Thanks again tho, & nice Mauser

Last edited:
image.jpg

Grit your teeth & cuss enough, & then your wife shows you how:rolleyes:
But even a cowboy like me can eventually figure it out.:D

Just spent 1-1/2 hrs learning how to upload pics from my phone to photobucket. Then tried the above instructions. Not happening. I can try all I want to share or save or copy & paste or.....
I don't get any "URL" to put I between any "" signs.

I did however, learn how to click on the paper clip thingy & do it strait from my phone without photo bucket. Thanks to "Elevendysixty" (LRH member) & my patient, tech savy wife, both coaching me thru it.
I think I got "Runner Up" to the Bronze Medal in the Tech Special Olympics.

I appreciate your willingness to try & help the Technology Retarded like myself.
Thanks again tho, & nice Mauser[/quote]

[quote="winmag, post: 833985"][ATTACH]23958[/ATTACH]

Grit your teeth & cuss enough, & then your wife shows you how:rolleyes:
But even a cowboy like me can eventually figure it out.:D[/quote]

LOL, THAT is funny. I will give it a try right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.