Absolute best hunting scope for pure contrast, resolution, sharpness...

Short answer YES - Great glass holds its value well, so hard to lose..

Except...

It ruins every other optic you own... 🤣🤣🤣
Thank you. I've noticed that just in the improvements I've made.
They are....if you use them enough.

If you shoot 20 rounds a year, probably not.
If you shoot 5200+ rounds a year behind Alpha glass, they are priceless.
I used to be the 20 or 30 rounds a year guy.
I'm better but still nowhere near 5200 rounds.
Maybe by the time I can afford the glass, I'll maybe be there.

Thank you for the reply!

They received the scope yesterday and I'm still waiting word. I thought for sure they would have examined/repaired it today. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
I still haven't heard anything. ???? Apparently my phone won't let my call Canada either. Very frustrating

Last edited:
Price and brand aside, keep in mind these are not telescopes, spotting scopes, or JUST some type of observation tool.

They are telescopic sights. I'm only reiterating an obviousness that there's more to a scope than merely the glass, so while being 5200 rounds behind good glass is great, making 5200 hits is better. The mechanics plays just as much a role if not more. The importance of robustness can also vary from person to person.

When looking at expensive glass, I tend to reason that something like ZCO covers most of those qualities. Keeping to only the mentioning of the original post.

I guess my question is what are you wanting to do with it. If the goal is shooting beyond a mile. Get a 7-35 Mark 5, ZCO, Tanget Theta. PM2, or Atacr 7-35. Those scopes were all made for that and they are the best money can buy. The Lupy is the cheapest and lightest. The nightforce is next. Both of those scopes were created for 2 mile competition. The other three have the absolute best glass in the business but all weight a ton and will run you north of $4000 for the ZCO and Theta and $8000.00 for the S/B. I own a PM2 and a Lupy Mark 5 and VX 5. The glass in the Lupies are the same. For a hunting scope out to a grand I don't think you can do better than the VX 5. It is light, durable, reliable and the glass is excellent. I have played with them all except the TT. I have only ever seen one of them and looked through it. I am well aquatinted with the ZCO and I don't think you can find better glass period, great scope with great features. It might be my next purchase.

You mentioned the S/B and Swarovski. In my opinion the Schmidt in their hunting scopes are not as good as the Lupy apples to apples. I have both. The eye boxes in the Swarovskis are just to tight for my liking. I sold all mine. I am running Schmidt's, Luepolds, Athlon Chronus BTRs and soon ZCO. All my hunting rifles where Lupies with the exception of two and they have Schmidt's.

What don't you like about the Schmidt you have?

They received the scope yesterday and I'm still waiting word. I thought for sure they would have examined/repaired it today. Maybe tomorrow.
You bought a TT315M from @MOUNTIC , the scope had a rattle out of the box, and you sent in to Tangent to look it over, is that right? I'd bet your dealer would've swapped out a scope for you or at least helped with comms to Tangent if that's what is needed.

FYI, the scopes I've had to send back to get repaired (not Tangent Thetas) for known issues took way longer than a couple of days to get turned around. No reason to get frustrated after just a couple days.