ABS Carbon Barrel Special to LRH members

Carbonman I will take 6mm-284 barrel with brake and your coating. Do you want me to send the money to dave viers or pay you. He is in process of building my 338.snipetac with your barrell.

I have had some reseverations about carbon barrels based on past experience with other manufacturers. I called Mike and although very busy he took the time to explain in detail about the problems I had encountered previously and how come his barrels won't have those problems. I was impressed with the info I received and Mike on top of everything else seems like really great guy. Oh yea I ordered a 30" 338 barrel and 2 AR-15 barrels. I will post as soon as I have a 10-11 lb 338 Edge built.

This special has closed, however, active members of LRH will be extended the dealer price of $540 for barrels out to 26" finish. Price for the Ti brakes is $100. Additional inch price beyond 26" finish is $20/inch.

[ QUOTE ]
Carbon Man,

Can you give us some kind of weight comparison on these barrels.

For example a Krieger #3 "Medium Sproter" .243cal at 24" long weighs 3lbs.
<font color="red"> Our M24 weighs 2lb, 6 oz at 24"; the Rem Varmint contour weighs 2 lb 3 oz. </font>

How would your carbon wrapped barrel compare weight wise.
This is almost as important as accuracy to some of us.

What is the barrel material, SST or Carbon Stl? <font color="red"> We do barrels in both materials. The chrome moly or chrome vanadium barrels are reserved for those hunting in severe arctic conditions or those super customs designed around extremely light weights.</font>

Also, what design is the Ti brake, can you post a pic. <font color="red"> The Ti brakes are a basic 18 port single expansion chamber for 30 cal and below. The 338 is a 24 port. Will get some pics on the website soon.</font>

And lastly, would it be possible to get these deals in .257 &amp; .277cal, time is not a great concern. <font color="red"> The 257 is available with Satern, Krieger or Pederson blanks. The 277 is available from Rock now.</font>

And as a final question, Carbon material is not as good a conductor of heat as metal, where does the heat go from the steel liner. The outer shell of the carbon wrap acts as an insulator and you wont feel the heat come thru the barrel, but the inside liner should be pretty hot. Can you explain the physics of the whole concept. <font color="red"> PAN based carbon is not a good conductor of heat, however, we use a mesophase pitch based fiber that conducts heat around 400% faster than steel.</font>

Thanks in advance.

Vic

[/ QUOTE ]

I received my stainless 30" 338 barrel+brake Friday, it's .900" at the muzzle and only weighs 4.5 lbs.
In the near future it will become a 338 Edge, can hardly wait.
Wayne aka WAMBO

I want to get the barrel and muzzle brake for my Rem 700 in 300 win mag. how do I get this price and how much would the gunsmiths charge that you have listed?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.