A true story from the hardware store

Calvin45

So I've been working at my local hardware/lumber/sporting goods/liquor/gas station store (small town, a one stop shop for all except furniture and groceries haha) about two months now.

Yesterday this dude walks in with a real sense of urgency and declares "I need fishing line!"

I say "right this way sir, this whole isle is full of it"

"Well I need some help here, I don't know what kind to get"

"Okay, well let's start with what it is you're fishing for…"

"Nothing….I just need to give myself some stitches here"

He holds up his hand. Dried Blood down to his elbow and his entire index finger wrapped in electrical tape. And accident involving a saws-all (reciprocating blade saw)

Thinking of my personal liability as well as the stores, i said "well as you can see I'm no doctor, and I really should advise you to go to the hospital for that……but you and I both know you're not gonna do that."

At just that moment, my coworker Jeremy walked past and asked if everything was okay and I explained the situation to him, AND WITHOUT SKIPPING A BEAT, no hesitation, he dead serious tells the guy

"Well you don't want a braided type line, and probably not the coated ice fishing line either, those could really irritate your skin. What you want is a good simple low test weight monofilament"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But also good advice. The guy bought some line, thanked us for our help, and left.

As soon as he was gone I pointed to my coworker and declared "D*** he's good!!!!"

It was just so freaking funny, maybe it doesn't sound funny and you had to be there, but the way this coworker of mine, a very quiet natured, unassuming and reserved 26 year old, just didn't even react to the question as if it were anything out of his usual job….if there's an employee of the month is him for January! 🤣