• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

A Taste of Black Friday Sale

gr8fuldoug

Official LRH Sponsor
Camera_Land-728x90-12220.gif

5c4647d73d868775d61ec26b_logo300.png

5db318ecb44d6144ee5a53c5_BLACK-FRIDAY-BUTTON.png

A Taste of Black Friday Sale

We are giving our regulars a preview of some Black Friday Deals:

Let's Start with Athlon from today - Sunday November 8th

Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56's reduced from $1,599.99 to only $1,149.99

Cronus 12-36x50 ED Spotting Scope reduced from $699.99 to only $399.99

Cronus 20-60x86 ED Spotting Scope reduced from $1,499.99 to only $849.99

Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 reduced from $799.99 to only $549.99

Call us and get a Black Friday Deal :)

We've got MANY other deals going on so please just give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss the Optic, Camera or Tripod you're looking for and we will hook you up.

Check out our Latest Sales Flyer

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 :)

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Attachments

• cronus spotter sale.gif
    cronus spotter sale.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 65
I thought the Athlon Cronus series got good reviews; have you had bad experiences with them?

Bought the most expensive spotting scope they make, Cronus 86mm. Now granted I am accustomed to high end glass and have owned Meopta S2 and Swarovski ATX spotters but from some of the reviews, I thought it would be pretty good glass for the money. Scope arrived, took one look thru it and almost puked in my mouth. Lol. Horrible CA and really dark on the highest power with poor resolution. Needless to say it went right back in the box and back to Cameraland for a full refund.

I also have an Athlon Midas 4.5-27x50 riflescope. Not bad glass for a $300 scope, but the turrets are mushy and securing them on zero after adjustment is an absolute joke with how they use a needle to create an indentation in the turret stack. Once a dent is made with the needle, it's there forever and can screw up zeroing the hash marks on the indicator lines later on. Just typical Chinese junk

Hmmm - my 6-24 Midas has zero stops and is a fine scope. Not made in China either.

Maybe you have an Ebay Chinese fake ?

Hmmm - my 6-24 Midas has zero stops and is a fine scope. Not made in China either.

Maybe you have an Ebay Chinese fake ?

Nope. I heard they redesigned the Midas because of the issues. I hope they made it better but I won't be looking their way anytime soon. My Midas is definitely made in China and so is the Cronus 86mm spotting scope.

As far as Asian manufacturers go, the Japanese make some darn fine optics. My number one choice for riflescopes at the moment is Trijicon Accupower and Tenmile lineups. Amazing glass and as solid as you can get for mechanics, reliability, and repeatability. Right there with the top of the line NightForce scopes but at a lower price point. China has been getting better over the years, but they still have a long ways to go.

I might be a little harsh on Athlon, but when my 30 year old Nikon ED 60mm and 20 year old Nikon ED 78mm spotting scopes (made in Japan) can both completely destroy the Cronus 86mm spotting scope in a comparison, that tells me China is still not up to par at all. And that Cronus spotter is supposedly the best piece of glass Athlon has to offer. It's the most expensive piece anyhow.

By the way, Cameraland is a great company with awesome customer service and I recommend for anyone to do business with them so not knocking CL in anyway. I'm just not very impressed with Athlon optics. Vortex doesn't float my boat either as most of their stuff is also made in China but dollar for dollar quality on similar optics I think Vortex definitely has Athlon beat.

Ouch, sometimes we wonder why Doug takes on these companies. I would not go there either.

I mean, Athlon, I have been buying optics from CL for many years, and well pleased.

I have problems with the cheap China stuff.

Last edited:
I don't wonder why but I understand free enterprise.