A straight sized case, and dies and presses

You guys made me think. I bought my old boss' Rock Chucker. I know that he made 50k worth of .357's on it (he kept the primer brick flaps to keep track) and I don't know what all else. The ram is still nicely tight in the bore. I wonder if there is a way to date the press? I'm going to guess that he bought it in the 60's some time.

I bought a Co-Ax press and have yet to try it. The plan is to use it for the ammo for all three builds that I'm working on and leave the dies for the others still set-up for the RC.

Check the thread most useless piece of reloading equipment you'll see a lot of people get a concentricity gauge either get paranoid and go overboard checking their stuff or quit checking it completely
once you know where it's created, then yeah, there's no need to continue to check it. I like the tamper on one unit to straighten the bullet without disturbing the neck tension.

Gavin on the UR youtube channel did a review and side by side testing of presses, not sure which die he used but he put it all in a spreadsheet.
ah.... he just points out what he likes about them and some differences in function but that's about it. The FA and the Forster coax is a tie according to him, but we know the Forster is a better press, quality wise and warranty wise. I just got a new press from FA because I took Gavins advice and used an opened end wrench to turn the knobs on the shell holder sizes, big mistake ! The shell holder hangs up a bit on the base inside and I stripped the splines on the studs. The edges needed to be dressed up a bit to prevent that. But they sent me a new press instead of the parts. They have trouble getting parts, so they would have to take the parts off a press, and render the press useless.

Gavin basically just markets equipment. I mean how can you compare a Lyman All American 8 Turret to a Redding T7 ? Other than Creedmores T7 turret upgrage, they are both great presses. I have the Lyman press from thier T mag.

Lee does everything I need it to do. I load for rifles and pistols and can shoot 0.128 inch groups at 100yds with my reloads. Also Lee presses and dies are a lot cheaper than the competition. What more do you need? Build a gold watch but it's not going to tell any better time than a plastic digital watch. It's your money to waste.

they don't do it for every gun or for everybody.

does you rifle consistently shoot these groups every time?

Lee does everything I need it to do. I load for rifles and pistols and can shoot 0.128 inch groups at 100yds with my reloads. Also Lee presses and dies are a lot cheaper than the competition. What more do you need? Build a gold watch but it's not going to tell any better time than a plastic digital watch. It's your money to waste.
When I first started reloading I bought the Lee challenger press kit it lasted about a month yes they replaced the part that broke but it went down the road soon after and I bought a much better press

they don't do it for every gun or for everybody.

does you rifle consistently shoot these groups every time?
If you are refering to my 0.128" group, I'd say yes because I stack them on top of each other at 950 yds every month on steel. I don't go down range and measure the groups, but it always hits where I'm aiming in a no wind condition. Add changing winds and I don't do as well.

When I first started reloading I bought the Lee challenger press kit it lasted about a month yes they replaced the part that broke but it went down the road soon after and I bought a much better press
I don't own the Lee Challenger, I use the Lee Classic Turret Press and haven't had a problem loading thousands of rounds so far. Everything eventually breaks depending on how hard you use it. I like this turret press because I can leave multiple dies screwed into multiple $15 turrets (one turret for each cartridge and their 3 dies). Then, you just change out a turret with a quarter of a turn to change rifle/pistol cartridges. I only have to adjust my dies once in each turret and not have to adjust them every time I change cartridges. Saves a lot of time and frustration adjusting dies. I use my turret as a single stage press and not as a progressive meaning I use the 1st die in the turret to remove the primers in all my brass, then I manually turn the turret to the next die and full size all my brass and finally I manually turn the turret to the last die to install all the bullets. Of course if I change bullets I have to re-adjust the bullet die because bullet length changes, but I don't need to adjust the other 2 dies.

What brand delivers the best results? We all know that there are alot more varibles, but I just want your take on what I posted.
Would you give us a few more specifics. Yes you're right about a lot more variables, but….those variables are gonna get you headed in the right direction. I've got three presses that I consider giving me the best results, but….one does pistol ammunition, another does both pistol and rifle ammunition and the third I use when I'm putting the ammunition that I want to shoot tight groups with

Gavin on the UR youtube channel did a review and side by side testing of presses, not sure which die he used but he put it all in a spreadsheet.
Not sure about his reviews but his machining operations make me cringe. Similar to driving past a semi wreck, don't want to but can't not look.

Would you give us a few more specifics. Yes you're right about a lot more variables, but….those variables are gonna get you headed in the right direction. I've got three presses that I consider giving me the best results, but….one does pistol ammunition, another does both pistol and rifle ammunition and the third I use when I'm putting the ammunition that I want to shoot tight groups with
of course everybody wants tight groups

Lee warranty stinks. 1 year...it's a joke. Everybody other brand takes care of you. I have mixed equipment.