a scope sightin problem

This. Are you sure you do not need to loosen up your zero stop to allow adjustment?

Every time I hear someone say "I can't zero at 100 (or 200)", it has been a zero stop problem. Probably 50 times I have seen it.

Unless something is majorly wrong with the rail, or rings, or mounting holes.

What scope is it you are attempting to use?
You are correct , after rereading instructions to comprehend it does call for resetting zero stop. Sometimes a box of rocks and my brain have similarities!!

I was really scratching my head reading this thread from the beginning, until the end. 🤣 I can zero my .22 with a 30 moa base at 50 yds with a 34mm tube scope. Barrel length shouldn't matter, only base angle and scope travel. ✅

Most of my 20 MOA base/scope mounts using a 30 or 34mm tube allow about 15%-20% additional down adjustment when zeroed in at 200 yards. Scope center height is less than 2 inches from bore center.

Most of my 20 MOA base/scope mounts using a 30 or 34mm tube allow about 15%-20% additional down adjustment when zeroed in at 200 yards.
I reset scope as stated to factory settings still using 18 clicks. Better than 11.5 minutes as before. Work in progress with a new Father's Day gift.

I reset scope as stated to factory settings still using 18 clicks. Better than 11.5 minutes as before. Work in progress with a new Father's Day gift.
Spoke with Kahles and their tech stated with mil and the 56 objective I probably need another 15 moa cant on top of the 20 moa integral to the action to get all the minutes out of the scope. Mentioned going with a Burrs signature rings with moa adjustments

Hello,
Thanks for all the input to a problem that seemed so simple. I understand the length of barrel at 34 1/2" should have not complicated this issue. and its true the angulation of the bore of the rifle and the scope base should not have affected the lack of being able to zero the .338 at 200 yards. Zero stops- not being set, did not affect the problem, although this was one potential answer.

So, with Stolle being willing to exchange the 20 minute scope base with a straight one, that should effectively remove this issue. That being said I can now devote time to chronographing a wide range of powders to actually tell me which ones will really work well with this magnum case and length of barrel. The heft of the weapon made the original shooting recoil impulse somewhat like, or less, than a .243. The noise, with the muzzlebrake was not so effectively reduced! When I get the weapon back from the gunsmith then I can start to do all the work on the prone stock with has been lengthened and widened for stiffness, so the bipod could be extended for better balance, some five inches.

WW

Spoke with Kahles and their tech stated with mil and the 56 objective I probably need another 15 moa cant on top of the 20 moa integral to the action to get all the minutes out of the scope. Mentioned going with a Burrs signature rings with moa adjustments
You do not want your zero sitting at the very end of elevation travel.

A K525i has 29mil of total elevation adjustment. Divide that approximately in half (half up, half down available), and you get 14.5mil. Add another 5.6MIL for the 20MOA rail, that gives you 20.1mil of elevation adjustment roughly. Figure out how far you will be shooting, and see how far 20mil of adjustment gets you to.

Depending on bullet and velocity, I am betting it is way beyond where any LR hunting will be done.

You do not want your zero sitting at the very end of elevation travel.

A K525i has 29mil of total elevation adjustment. Divide that approximately in half (half up, half down available), and you get 14.5mil. Add another 5.6MIL for the 20MOA rail, that gives you 20.1mil of elevation adjustment roughly. Figure out how far you will be shooting, and see how far 20mil of adjustment gets you to.

Depending on bullet and velocity, I am betting it is way beyond where any LR hunting will be done.
You explained it better than I understood it, thanks. New to mil scopes. A new challenge for an older person.