A hot topic, how do you get a hot piece of brass

When I first started annealing I seen a few pictures from that Cortina guy with annealed brass and seen they were red hot, I never watched the video and didn't realize he was over annealing the cases so I got my 6.5 creedmmor cases red hot, I was FL sizing then and after doing that I went to seat the bullets, seamed real easy, took first one out after seating and I could push the bullet down with little effort with my fingers, figured they were all ruined but as a last effort I put them through my LCD and then seated again and held the bullet in place, shot them and they were fine, shot good and still using them cases and shooting great but I guess I'm a little sensitive now to going to far, but I read on all these forums of once it turns red it's ruined but I'm getting under 1/2 inch groups with them now so I don't know what to think, I was just about to throw all those cases away but for some reason thought of using LCD die and bullet held good, was also using lee FL die when I first sized so maybe expander is big, don't know using different method now and brass has been fine. That cortina guy almost had me buying a lathe cause of his April fool's joke but it's my fault, should have watched full video, oh well, live and learn.