9mm side arm

It seems that Washington hunters have bad luck with bears! Over the years, we've had 2 Washington hunters injured by grizzlies while we were hunting nearby. One was merely run over by a grizzly escaping the area. ….the hunter was in the trail that as the bears chosen escape path. The other was pretty severely injured by a sow! memtb
You know your welcome to drive 80 mi. West and hunt with me . Maybe we'll see a griz or two . 😉

Rick Richards, was this you ? 😳😉

Good story……the guy is lucky!

It also shows the importance of good bullets properly placed into an adrenaline stoked bear (animal). I'm guessing that they got neither under the circumstances! memtb

It also shows the importance of good bullets properly placed into an adrenaline stoked bear (animal). I'm guessing that they got neither under the circumstances! memtb
I can't imagine a griz getting a hold of me like that . I bet he wished he had a pistol after shooting his rifle. With the bear on him like that he may have been able to draw it and unload a few in it's chest and or head. Makes me even more glad I carry a pistol . Better than nothing. An attack here earlier this year the bear bit into the guys bear spray canister. 😳 In another the outfitter that got attacked and killed by Grizzley after he found his clients wounded elk had niether pistol or bear spray on him. The client had his pistol and outfitters rifle was leaned against a tree. When he got attacked the client didn't even shoot. He said he was trying to figure out how to take the safety off. He pushed mag release... I guess he had never shot a Glock .🙄 No safety. The outfitter should of told him he just has to pull the trigger. The outfitter should of kept pistol on himself and had client hold rifle. Outfitter made some fatel mistakes . Sad. Lady hiker got killed by Griz in Yellowstone this year also. Have been couple others also. Normal year I guess so far. Some elk bowhunters just recently got attacked. Luckily they were carrying pistols. Last year a bowhunter got attacked I think he got off 5 shots. The griz died 5 ft. from him. Hit bear in head. Killed it . The round started with a 4... It's not over yet. I've never heard of anyone killed by black bear here. In Ca. yes. Boyscout killed in tent in sleeping bag where I hunted a lot. Smelled the toothpaste. I'm sure others. Lions have killed more there since 1992 on sure ...

Sign up for The Cowboy Dailey if you haven't. A lot of great articles in it. Some good ones today.
[email protected]
Another article today
Sorry everyone for going off topic !

This is an example of what I've stated many times……often attacks give little or no warning!

One kid was incredibly brave to come to friends assistance…..both are lucky to have survived! He should've deployed the spray rather than a physical attack!

It wouldn't have hurt to have had a handgun along with them…..probably not the place for a small caliber defense handgun! memtb

This is an example of what I've stated many times……often attacks give little or no warning!

One kid was incredibly brave to come to friends assistance…..both are lucky to have survived! He should've deployed the spray rather than a physical attack!

It wouldn't have hurt to have had a handgun along with them…..probably not the place for a small caliber defense handgun! memtb

I was just going to post this ! Opening day deer season Sat. I was leaving the very end of South Fork at Cabin Creek trail head. It's almost 50 miles to Cody from there. I was about half way out when a game warden and a sheriff fly past me going south. Then an ambulance . Then another sheriff then another game warden then another sheriff . I was thinking either somebody shot someone or somebody got attacked by a grizz and they just got to trailhead. I saw no commotion at any trailhead on way out. Now I know what happened.... And now I know why last sheriff was a Powell sheriff.

I was just going to post this ! Opening day deer season Sat. I was leaving the very end of South Fork at Cabin Creek trail head. It's almost 50 miles to Cody from there. I was about half way out when a game warden and a sheriff fly past me going south. Then an ambulance . Then another sheriff then another game warden then another sheriff . I was thinking either somebody shot someone or somebody got attacked by a grizz and they just got to trailhead. I saw no commotion at any trailhead on way out. Now I know what happened.... And now I know why last sheriff was a Powell sheriff.

I really need to take that hike/hunt with you…..my life has been way too boring! 😉 memtb

9mm is a great side arm, for 2 legged critters.

If I'm out checking bear baits or just feel the need to carry when off the beaten path, my XDm 10mm comes with.

I'm with you. My preferred "bigger" caliber is the .44mag. 9mm's fine for bipeds, but for the AWD predator types it doesn't quite meet my standard for penetration or how hard it hits. Something north of 1000 ft-lbs, ideally.

Doesn't surprise me that a mid-sized bear was found with a lighter 9mm pill that didn't get inside. I strongly suspect that the same shot with a .44mag, .454 Casull or a "hot" 10mm Auto with hardcast or bonded bullets would have gotten the job done.

Sure gets a person thinkin', seeing a bullet that didn't do what was intended.

I've very little time in those areas…..I'm curious as well! memtb
Half the time I go alone . Don't like to. If I go to north fork I take my Chesapeake. I'm almost deaf in left ear. Right not far behind. My eyes are on him a lot. My English lab is now 1.8 years old . He's fearless and already 80 lbs. I want to take him but not both. I don't have the heart to leave the old boy home. He minds well and good on commands. The youngster... Maybe another year.