9mm side arm

Half the time I go alone . Don't like to. If I go to north fork I take my Chesapeake. I'm almost deaf in left ear. Right not far behind. My eyes are on him a lot. My English lab is now 1.8 years old . He's fearless and already 80 lbs. I want to take him but not both. I don't have the heart to leave the old boy home. He minds well and good on commands. The youngster... Maybe another year.

It's good to have a dog along……unless he goes and ****es-off a bear, and brings the bear back to you! 😂 memtb

It's good to have a dog along……unless he goes and ****es-off a bear, and brings the bear back to you! 😂 memtb
He never goes after anything. Watches deer walk by. If he moves I just say stay. If a bear attacked me I'm sure he'd do something.

Last edited:
Here's the story. Beat you memtb 😉 The one boy got pretty messed up.

AM e courage. These are REAL men. Thanks to god for sparing their lives since I know he has something else in life for them to do.

What courage. These are REAL men. Thanks to god for sparing their lives since I know he has something else in life for them to do.
Amen to you Richard.
Did you see the story I posted about the man who got attacked in the Thorofare? It's in this thread . Post #130 one page back.

Last edited:
I was a wildlife officer for 15 years in black bear country, Dealt with bear damage, Bear cripples from auto accidents and crippled shot bears, From guns and bows. I have killed several bears with .357 Mag. S&W 19, 66 and 686 along the way. Used Remington 158 gr flat nose ( Keith Design) very deep penetrating bullet. 145 gr Win. Silver tip would sometime pop a bears eyes and make many pieces of a bears skull.

When looking for a crippled bear or working Bee Hive Bears at night, I carried Clyde (22" barrel 12 Ga. S/S with Right barrel No. 4 Buck, Left barrel 00 Buck) + 357 Mag. Service Pistol. Daytime Crowbar (Rem. 78 308 Win. 1.5-4.5 scope ) 150 gr. Rem. Cor-Locks or Nosler Part + 357 Mag. Service pistol.

From 1990 to 2006 I was a Police Firearms Instructor and Armor. Personally I would not carry or recommend a semi-auto pistol. As an Armor, One of the last checks semi auto pistol was, Check gun for disconnector operation, Make sure gun will not fire out of battery. If the slide is not locked "No Fire". Or Clip not locked in, "No Fire".

If the situation gets bad, I want to shove the barrel into hair on the head, Neck or Wherever and pull the trigger.

I know I should of started a different post but ....
This is the kid that attacked grizzly that was on his buddy. I thought the one in the article that was more messed up was him. Nope. These are Game and Fish pics from the lady who cuts my hair. Her friend is a game warden. 60 staples just on top of head. I haven't kept good track but I do know of 3 deaths and 6 attacks so far this year since they came out of hibernation late April.
IMG_20221020_155526207_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221020_155515321_HDR.jpg

I was deer hunting from Bobcat Houlihan trail where to guys got attacked . I saw no blood. No griz and no bucks.
IMG_20221024_145123609_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221024_145257689.jpg
IMG_20221024_145347469.jpg
IMG_20221024_145720639.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_150241562_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221024_150241562_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I didn't have signal all day. I don't know if anybody posted this. Here's another one.

While you were busy hunting……I was reporting the news! 😂 memtb

While you were busy hunting……I was reporting the news! 😂 memtb

I couldn't beat your because I had no service in South Fork dang it ! 😉