7stw

Ditto, how do you join the 7mm STW club? Is there a website address?

(Quote smokenclays) how do you join the STW club? Man I hope you dont have to swollow A gold fish or something.

Hey guys as of yet no web site yet. I started using the line in my signature because of other members and forums touting membership in clubs like smoking fur club, band of 45-70er's and such.

I saw a lot of people shooting this great caliber and once I aquired mine and started posting questions about it, relised what a dedicated following it has. To join you just need to own this caliber and include membership in your signature line. I am still toying with a web site. work has kept me to busy to work on it but I will get er done one day.

I bought my 7 STW Sendero when they first came out along with about 100 rounds of Rem factory 140 g. core-lokt ammo.

Groups ran 1/2 inch for five rounds @ 100 yards and two different chronos showed velocity to be about 125 fps HIGHER than the Rem. catalog numbers (about 3450 fps as I recall).

Have any of you guys seen numbers like these for the Rem. factory 140's?

Thanks,
Jim

7mm stw is the way to go! my win 70 lilja barreled 30" with 162 amax has been together for 2 years and has already killed 5 PA rack bucks and 3 colorado bull elk out to 1350 yards with no problems at all!

+1 for the STW. Mine has taken lots and lots of critters over the last 5 or 6 years. H1000 with the 168's and IMR 4350 with the 140 accubonds.

7mmCub,

I am considering having a stainless Win 70 crf action built up into "something".......the 7 STW seems like a good option.

What reamer was used on yours? Would you share the details of your 162 A Max loads?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: I agree

Look at the bullet you want to shoot and the velcoity you want to push it and see what looks best. I would also look at a 7-300WSM.

Willys

Im assuming you mean look at the 7mm or the 300 WSM, because all of the WSM's share the same case.

jim, just the regular stw reamer was used as far as i no...i'll have to check with my dad...hes the one who chambered it. retumbo works the best in mine...i use 81.5gr with the amax which is about max in my rifle...it seems like the more powder you give it the better it shoots...also tryed WC 872 with not real good results

Thanks for the info.

I have two 7 STW Senderos and haven't really tried the 162 A Max yet----well, actually fired one group at 100 yds, 5/8 in. center to center. That was with a load I just pulled from one of my books---don't have the data in front of me.

One of my other posts mentioned that I got about 100 fps higher velocity (as I remember it) from the Rem. 140 factory load than the catalog showed (on two different chronos).

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.