168VLD and 7STW load data?

I use RL 22 out my STW with the 168 berger. 77 grains is what i use but do not start there it is a pretty hot load. I would start around 72 and work up. My neighbor uses 7828 in his not sure of the exact powder weight but it is in the 70's. Good luck and you will not be dissapointed in the results once you find a load.

75gr or RL 25. I will get you the coal when I get back to the shop. I really wanted it to shoot H 1000 but it did not like it. I'm going to try 180gr in hopes I can get it will like H1000

My COAL is 3.77 that's about 10 thousandths of the lans. I have yet to shot them but started with RE22 this gun dose like H1000 though I may try that if the RE22 don't work. I like the RE22 because I get great velocity out of it.

Well i got to shoot a bit and 72.5gr of RE22 at COAL of 3.77 shot great at 3050FPS with the 168VLD do you think i can get much more speed out of this and is it worth it to go over max load toget it? It seems i would only get another 50fps or so. What do you guys think?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.