7STW blems at SPS

WapitiBob

Shooters pro Shop has blem brass. Necks are dinged and chamfers look a bit heavy on mine but it beats the prices some guys are wanting to get.

Thanks for the post, never heard of this sight. Has anyone tried the nosler bullet blems, particularly the 7mm 160 partitions and the 55gn 22 balistic tips??

Blems I've seen were hornady bullets. Tips were not consistent at all and some were also damaged. Of course they weren't marked as blemishes just hornadys standard ssts lol. I personally wouldn't use blems. If it's for hunting you never know which bullet may fling off to the side a little turning an easily found pile of venison into a lost pile of buzzard bait. The inconsistency on paper also annoyed the hell out of me. So no real reason to bother with them. Leave them for someone who will never shoot over 100 yards.

Thanks for the post, never heard of this sight. Has anyone tried the nosler bullet blems, particularly the 7mm 160 partitions and the 55gn 22 balistic tips??

I've shot plenty of the SPS Nosler "blems". Most of the time you can not identify any blemish at all. I have actually shot some of my best groups with their "blems". Killed a 15pt bull moose with a "blem" in .338.

They also sell "overruns" on that site. I have bought many .224 overruns at discount prices. They are very reasonable with shipping rates, particularly if you buy in bulk.

Popular items go fast so you need to check often to get what you want.

Blems I've seen were hornady bullets. Tips were not consistent at all and some were also damaged. Of course they weren't marked as blemishes just hornadys standard ssts lol. I personally wouldn't use blems. If it's for hunting you never know which bullet may fling off to the side a little turning an easily found pile of venison into a lost pile of buzzard bait. The inconsistency on paper also annoyed the hell out of me. So no real reason to bother with them. Leave them for someone who will never shoot over 100 yards.

I shoot a lot of blems... it depends on where you get your blems from. I've seen some as you describe (I had to cull nearly 100 out of a batch of 1,000 bullets once- the culls were flat out nasty- I guess they didn't feel like picking them out), but other places they are mainly mild blemishes that aren't going to affect performance.... buyer beware I guess...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.