7ss

Joefrazell

I have a dumb question. I hear you can shoot 7 saum brass out of a 7ss but can you shoot 7ss brass out of a 7saum? Thanks

I'm not sure on ur question and I'm sure elkaholic will chime in with an answer. Sorting through all his offerings can be quite confusing. I know I was lost at first and still am on a few chamberings. The website would be much more helpful if it stated the parent case for each chambering and what needs to be done to the case to get there. But also maybe I'm just a novice (more likely I'm just novice)

Sorry my question is if a guy has a 7saum chamber can he fire 7ss through it to fire form it to 7saum?

To answer you question it's no to both. In the initial stages you had to use SAUM brass to make SS. There was a lot of work involved with brass prep. You had to bump the shoulder way back, then create a false shoulder to form. A formed SS will also not chamber in a SAUM. The taper is too straight and will not chamber.

Ryan

To answer you question it's no to both. In the initial stages you had to use SAUM brass to make SS. There was a lot of work involved with brass prep. You had to bump the shoulder way back, then create a false shoulder to form. A formed SS will also not chamber in a SAUM. The taper is too straight and will not chamber.

Ryan
Thank you for your knowledge!