7mm WSM ?

alaska

Just aquired a Win 70 in 7mm WSM

I was planning on using Berger 180 VLD hunting bullets

WW Brass
WLRM primers
Powder.......either H4831SC or RL 25

Will I have any problems in the magazine loading and unloading the 180gr Berger bullets?

Any load suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

Jeff in Alaska

gun)

I can't speak for the 180s. My Model 70 7WSM will allow me to magazine feed 168 Bergers loaded to jam length. It's being rebarreled right now and I specifically requested that the smith ensure that the reamer doesn't set the throat so far ahead that I can't load 168 Bergers set to jam length into the magazine. Sooooo...if it won't do the 180s you might still be able to get the 168s to work.

Cross

Just aquired a Win 70 in 7mm WSM

I was planning on using Berger 180 VLD hunting bullets

WW Brass
WLRM primers
Powder.......either H4831SC or RL 25

Will I have any problems in the magazine loading and unloading the 180gr Berger bullets?

Any load suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

Jeff in Alaska

gun)

There should not have any problems as long as you seat the bullets to .020 less than the
magazine length.

The problem may be the accuracy with the long throat and a bullet that likes to be close to
the lands. If they dont shoot well try the 160 Accubond And H4831sc

J E CUSTOM

The M70 magazine should handle them fine. Also try MagPro around 66.0 grains. It gives the best velocity and accuracy in my 7wsm of all of the powders I tried. Of course work up to that level to make sure it is safe in your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.