7mm UltraMag loads

Tommy Vaughan

Does anyone have any load suggestions for the 7mm RUM with the Scirocco 150gr. bullet in a 28" barrel? Is there any experience with Vihtavouri high energy powders (eg N560) for this load? Are there any better suggestions for deer hunting loads for the 7mm RUM? Thanks, Tommy

Brent

I just ran some 140 X's over the Oehler for a guy at the range, they were 3750-3800fps, can't remember the load though. His was a Rem700 26".

Chuckster

My best shooting load is 95 gr RL 25 with a 140gr Nosler Ballistic Tip for 3460fps and shoots in the .3 at 100yds. But I think this bullet is not constructed strong enough for the velocity. Shot an Antelope at 250 and it made a 6" entry wound and didn't exit. Hit a Mule Der at 300 and it made about a 5" entry wound and about a 1" exit wound. Both died instantly but I thing the bullet is breaking up. I wouldn't use on anything bigger. Going to try partician 140's.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.