7mm UltraMag loads

Tommy Vaughan

Does anyone have any load suggestions for the 7mm RUM with the Scirocco 150gr. bullet in a 28" barrel? Is there any experience with Vihtavouri high energy powders (eg N560) for this load? Are there any better suggestions for deer hunting loads for the 7mm RUM? Thanks, Tommy

Brent

I just ran some 140 X's over the Oehler for a guy at the range, they were 3750-3800fps, can't remember the load though. His was a Rem700 26".

Chuckster

My best shooting load is 95 gr RL 25 with a 140gr Nosler Ballistic Tip for 3460fps and shoots in the .3 at 100yds. But I think this bullet is not constructed strong enough for the velocity. Shot an Antelope at 250 and it made a 6" entry wound and didn't exit. Hit a Mule Der at 300 and it made about a 5" entry wound and about a 1" exit wound. Both died instantly but I thing the bullet is breaking up. I wouldn't use on anything bigger. Going to try partician 140's.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce