7mm UltraMag loads

Tommy Vaughan

Does anyone have any load suggestions for the 7mm RUM with the Scirocco 150gr. bullet in a 28" barrel? Is there any experience with Vihtavouri high energy powders (eg N560) for this load? Are there any better suggestions for deer hunting loads for the 7mm RUM? Thanks, Tommy

I just ran some 140 X's over the Oehler for a guy at the range, they were 3750-3800fps, can't remember the load though. His was a Rem700 26".

My best shooting load is 95 gr RL 25 with a 140gr Nosler Ballistic Tip for 3460fps and shoots in the .3 at 100yds. But I think this bullet is not constructed strong enough for the velocity. Shot an Antelope at 250 and it made a 6" entry wound and didn't exit. Hit a Mule Der at 300 and it made about a 5" entry wound and about a 1" exit wound. Both died instantly but I thing the bullet is breaking up. I wouldn't use on anything bigger. Going to try partician 140's.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.