7MM STW - ideas/suggestions ...

G

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts related to the 7STW, please feel free to share.

D

DANTEC

nice caliber but :
need a long barrel difference between the the factory 26 inch and a 30 inch is impressive
need to form from 8 REM and clean the neck REM brand is not wonderfull in 7 STW , you can form from 300 HH WIN case too but neck will be a bit shorter
throat design is not really tight on SAAMI and with a match one that a easy way to make accuracy improvement
barrel pitch in 1 in 10 is fast enought for all bullet ( except perhaps the 180 VLD )
take care of carbon fouling , 7 STW enjoy very slow powder but in rather small bore ( 284 ) that make easy carbon fouling

good shooting

DAN TEC

Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter

The 7STW seems to be remarkably accurate, particularely in a custom rifle. This big case offers its greatest potential with the heavier bullets. Although I normally shoot 140gr bullets for whitetail hunting, I have recently turned my attention to the 160gr Accubond by Nosler. This is one of the few "premium" bullets that shoots VERY well. With only limited load work up I have been shooting < .5 moa out to 200yds.

This should make a very deadly rifle/load combination for longrange hunting. My biggest problem is finding game at the longer ranges. Maybe I should stay out of the woods.
grin.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

VH

G

Hey Varmint Hunter,
How's it going? Thanks for replying ...
Is the recoil tolerable on your 7stw? And how does it affect accuracy?

Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter

I'm all of 150lbs and the recoil doesn't bother me a bit.

I like the 7STW even though it is just something that I "wanted" rather than "needed".

VH