7mm stw

LexRick

I just picked up a 7mm stw. I've done some reloads with 168gr accubond long range with 78.5gr of h1000. My question is are there better choices. I am getting .5in groups at a 100yds.

I run the 168 Berger's in mine and shoot around .3. Your .5 five isn't bad remember you're shooting a large round. Other questions though. How many rounds on current rifle? Is it factory or custom?

I have a 7 STW Imp. and run the 180 Berger Hybrid over Retumbo and it is an incredible combo! It has accounted for a lot of animals in the back of the truck. 168 grain bullets are great and i used to run the 168 Berger. But it performs a lot better with the 180. H1000 is great powder too and will do the job just great. I prefer Retumbo, but that has just been my experience with the cartridge. It seems to do really well with the overbore rounds like the STW.

Berger 180 Hybrids, IMR 7977, and Fed 215M primers is a good combo.

If you want to REALLY reach out, the Berger 195's, but you'll need a 1:8 twist barrel.

I just picked up a 7mm stw. I've done some reloads with 168gr accubond long range with 78.5gr of h1000. My question is are there better choices. I am getting .5in groups at a 100yds.
Hi, I have a Weatherby Accumark in 7mmSTW . I tried a lot of powders and ended up loading 140gr Barnes TSX using 79gr. H4831SC @3450FPS CCI Mag Rifle primers. A 5 shot group can be covered with a nickel. I've been extremely happy with the load and performance. Shot a Stone Sheep last Aug in the Yukon at 200 yards quartering to me and recovered the bullet just under the hide in the opposing quarter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.