7mm SS or SAUM build on a Terminus Zeus

ZAR LRH

Playing around with some ideas for a build. Looking at either a 7mm SS or SAUM and heavier bullets with the 175gr EldX as my first choice bullet for hunting and want to seat the bt/shank junction of the bullet as close as possible to the neck shoulder junction. Ideally want to mag feed and be able to eject a loaded round. Will this be possible with Terminus Zeus action for SAUM or will I have to go the SS route and is it possible with the SS? What mags should I be looking at? I assume the Terminus would be suitable for hunting?

You can eject a 3" oal round, as long as you can find a mag that will allow it. Not sure what the internal length of the short magnum aics mags are. I don't think you can go wrong with any version of the saum/ss. I really like my zeus, built it into one of my most accurate rifles. And super easy to swap a barrels on.

The Zeus could use a bit of a relief cut inside the action at the rear of the port to allow the empty shell to eject a bit better. I wouldn't want to enlarge the port to the rear, but a internal flared cut would do it. At longer oal's by the time the bullet clears the front of the ejection port the side of the case is hitting the rear of the port and still engaged on the extractor.

Playing around with some ideas for a build. Looking at either a 7mm SS or SAUM and heavier bullets with the 175gr EldX as my first choice bullet for hunting and want to seat the bt/shank junction of the bullet as close as possible to the neck shoulder junction. Ideally want to mag feed and be able to eject a loaded round. Will this be possible with Terminus Zeus action for SAUM or will I have to go the SS route and is it possible with the SS? What mags should I be looking at? I assume the Terminus would be suitable for hunting?
The SS was designed with what you have in mind! It will outrun a saum in ANY action, but easily in a 2.9"+ mag

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.