7mm sherman max

Has anyone built a 7 max off a tikka and found a mag solution? The factory L mag works with empty cases but it's super tight with 3 rounds and the bolt rubs pretty hard when there's 3 rounds in the mag.

I recieved the hells canyon billet mag and it doesn't work If the bolts closed, i cant even insert the mag with 3 rounds in it... Either the bolt has to be open or only 2 rounds in the mag. I talked to Mike and Hells canyon and he believes it's a inlet issue with the factory stock and bottomm metal. Which seems believable.

I ordered a Mountain tactical billet mag to see if that works but it's on backorder so it will be a while before I can test it. Ive also been reading how people are having issues with the rears collapsing in the MT mags but not sure if that's the gen1 or gen2. Has anyone used the gen2 MT billet mag with the max case?
Got the hells canyon armory billet mags, I have no issues loading 3 saum rounds down. Sounds like there's too short a distance between the action and bottom metal. I've had that issue with a few aftermarket stocks and tikkas. Had to pillar bed and put more length in there.

Will the 7SS shell holder for my Giraud trimmer be the same for 7 Max? I'm assuming yes but want to double check before ordering it.

I'm sending my new barrel off tomorrow for chambering. Rich said it would be a good idea to add a little freebore as I will be loading the 195 EOL and 180 ELDM. I will likely workup a load for the 175 EH as well. Has anyone found the sweet spot for this? I think he said .040" when we discussed the ELDM/EOL, but I don't believe I even mentioned the 175 EH (shorter bearing surface). I seem to remember reading somewhere that it needed a bit of additional freeborn for the 195. Has anyone fooled with this?

I'm chambering it myself. I'll probably do the reamer as is and see how she does. Maybe go .040 more with a throater later if I want.

Latest 7mm Max:
225C33C0-E655-448C-A5B2-D94D0B665BC5.jpeg
A45E4A4F-E9D1-4671-A958-BF044FFB821F.jpeg
9F4BE69F-0870-4381-A77B-693BB8FFA79F.jpeg

Very nice. I just finalized my load with the 195 Gr Berger's. I got all the way up to 2950 FPS when I saw pressure. But my best accuracy node was at 62 Gr of RL26 which put me at an average speed of 2865 FPS.

I found out that RL26 is a SUPER dirty powder. I started cleaning my rifle now after every outing And just firing a couple of fouling shots. When I went out yesterday, I fired 4 fouling shots and then fired 6 shots at 515 yards. 5-10 are the 6 shots. To be honest, I really only needed 1 fouling shot to get it to group and have good ES. The wind was blowing from right to left at 7-8mph on my fouling shots. Fouling Shot 1 was way low and the FPS was 2826 which was really low. Fouling Shot 2 hit my point of aim and the speed was good but fouling shots 3 and 4 went a little left because I didn't adjust for wind. But right before the sun was setting, the wind just pretty much stopped. Right to left 1-2 mph. That's when the shots really started stacking them in. Shots 5-10 shot a 2.2" group at 515 yards. I'll take a 2.2" 6 shot group any day at 515 yards.

64241802-D957-40E5-B3D4-3B10A4808657.jpeg