7mm sherman max

Rich

Just asking but what bullets did you design your reamer for. Berger? And what would be good to try if not?

Rich,
I didn't see the specifics mentioned, and I don't have a lot of knowledge, so I'm just going to ask the question:

Would I be able to convert my 7RM to the 7 MAX? I don't know if they share a bolt face size. I need to shoot the current barrel out, but it seems like this chambering might let me take advantage of future high-BC bullets in my relatively short sako action. What are your thoughts?

As feedback, some kind of matrix on your website, outlining various compatible chamberings that would benefit from a move to the Sherman line would be really helpful for us noobs.

Rich

Just asking but what bullets did you design your reamer for. Berger? And what would be good to try if not?
Rich

The 195 fits well in the case and so does the 180. The 180 is up in the neck a little ways, but will be fine. Coal to the lands is 3.090"

Yes, you could
Rich,
I didn't see the specifics mentioned, and I don't have a lot of knowledge, so I'm just going to ask the question:

Would I be able to convert my 7RM to the 7 MAX? I don't know if they share a bolt face size. I need to shoot the current barrel out, but it seems like this chambering might let me take advantage of future high-BC bullets in my relatively short sako action. What are your thoughts?

As feedback, some kind of matrix on your website, outlining various compatible chamberings that would benefit from a move to the Sherman line would be really helpful for us noobs.
Yes, you could use that action. It might require a little tweaking of the feed rails by your smith but should work fine

What's the best option for mags in the tikka? If I remember correctly long magnum tikka mags don't feed the short extra fat cases all that well and wsm mags are short.

I will be using a 300 wsm tikka action and am just going to modify the factory magazine. It's already wide enough with the short fat 300 wsm case. Just gotta modify the length.

IMG_20190513_132737589.jpg
Here is a sample of the new Max brass from ADG which will be here shortly. This is the way it will come to you (not formed) but just load and shoot like an A.I.

Oh! I thought you already had it in stock with the last brass pic that was posted. Didn't know that wasn't it. I don't even have my stock yet...6 month wait :eek: So no real rush for me unfortunately.