7mm rum and 140-150 gr bullets

Fotis

I will begin working on my bud's 7mm rum (rem BDL 700). He wants to work up the ultimate long range antelope/deer load. Fast and flat shooting as hell! So what has worked for you guys? I have only worked with the 160 AB's in mine.
Accuracy? velocity? thanx guys.

Nothing wrong with the Accubond but I had better luck with the 162gr A-Max in my 7STW. With a higher BC and good LR expansion capabilities it would be hard to beat for thin skinned game.

Better for the notorious Wyoming winds too.

I've been working with a 7mm WSM for the last few months and shot nothing lighter than a 160AB. For deer and varmints I really like the 162 A-Max. One thing I have larned from the fellas on this board...that I will always remember when looking to select a bullet...BC is KING!

The 162AM is .625, the 160AB is .531. The Hornady 154gr SST is .525 which is nearly the same as the AB but may be able to run a little faster. A 154 Interbond does not have the cannelure (which the SST does) so the BC may be the same as the 160AB.

[ QUOTE ]
how far is ultimate long range? the 168 bergers at 3400 are deadly on deer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That will do. Maybe not a berger... you know the match bullet thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif........

What is your load?

Has anyone actually reached 3600 fps with the 140 (safely that is). My 7 STW used to realize 3500 fps with 80 gr of 7828--140 BT's

Mine would but it goes against everything I'm trying to accomplish. You know big heavy long and sexy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not sure what my 7mm RUM is doing right now. I loaded up some 140 gr. Ballistic Silvertips for an antelope and mule deer hunt I went on earlier this month. They should be pushing between 3500-3600. I'm loading 95.5gr Retumbo. I'll put them through the chrono as soon as I can, and let you know. They did perform well on both animals, as well as a fat coyote. Three shots total, and none of the animals took a step. Ranges were between 250 and 325.

[ QUOTE ]
Mine would but it goes against everything I'm trying to accomplish. You know big heavy long and sexy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm getting 3550 with 140 TSXs & H1000, I think 82gr. at least 4 reloadings on some of the brass and still tight primer pockets, have only had to neck size so far.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what my 7mm RUM is doing right now. I loaded up some 140 gr. Ballistic Silvertips for an antelope and mule deer hunt I went on earlier this month. They should be pushing between 3500-3600. I'm loading 95.5gr Retumbo. I'll put them through the chrono as soon as I can, and let you know. They did perform well on both animals, as well as a fat coyote. Three shots total, and none of the animals took a step. Ranges were between 250 and 325.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please let me know if you chrono them.

I'll let you know as soon as I do, I went out yesterday morning to do it, but for some reason my chrono wasn't reading right. I think it was too bright where I was shooting.

[ QUOTE ]
how far is ultimate long range? the 168 bergers at 3400 are deadly on deer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is you load?

Anyone else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.