140 gr nosler

Think of the Nosler Accubond as a bonded higher BC Partition because for all intents and purposes it performs exactly the same on game as the Partition. Both shoot great out of my 338wm, 300wsm and 7mm STW and I opt for the Accubond for the better BC and slightly better over all accuracy.

I don't care what the adds or hype says for use at ranges below 500 yards you won't find a better performing bullet than a Nosler partition. It's only at the more extreme ranges hunters are taking game at these days that the flat based Partitions comparatively low BC begins to show the Partitions age.

After using both I prefer the accubond. The front portion of the partition comes apart like a cup and core bullet because that's what it is. IME the accubond holds together better ruining less meat.

I've shot both and had good results with both . The first accubonds I shot were in my 300 win mag shot good but the first whitetail I killed with them the buck was maybe 40 yards and it pretty well penciled right through him didn't hit any bone either side. He went roughly 80 yards I thought I'd missed went to shoot again and he went down. I guess with him being so close and not hitting nothing other than tissue it didn't have enough resistance to open . That's been the one and only time that's ever happened to me with them.
I've shot and seen a truckload of animals shot with the partition in just about every caliber they're offered in. All were one shot kills and in my opinion you could not ask for better bullet performance. My two sons started out deer hunting with the 223 . I hand loaded 60 gr partitions over a fairly warm dose of w 748 and the results were fantastic. Recovered 2 of them just under the hide and both were perfect examples of what the partitions are supposed to be after shot into an animal .

I would agree with most of the above posts. I have used both partitions and accubonds on a deer and elk up to about 300 yards in various calibers and have not seen an appreciable difference in the results. These have been my go-to bullets.

No experience with the partitions, but plenty with the accubond. Shot a running doe a few years ago. Right behind the shoulder, no ribs going in, hit one rib on exit. Chest cavity was liquified. Shot a buck at 125 yds
, hard quartering toward me across a ravine. Shattered the shoulder/femur and stopped in the offside ham. Fist size hole in that shoulder. From others experience, don't think you can go wrong. Shoot what your rifle likes best. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.