7MM Remington magnum with a 150gr ELD X data

PaLuke

Hello, I've been searching for load data for my 7mm Remington magnum and have come up empty. I would appreciate any info on this. I thought Hornady had it on its website but now I can't find the data. It's for the new 150 grain ELD X. Thank you for your replies.

You may be coming up empty because I don't think they make the ELDX for a 7mm in a 150 grain. 162 grain or a 175 I believe are your 2 options. Hope this helps.

I checked again and under new products it shows a 150 gr. .284 caliber bullet. It could be that it was just announced. Do you think I could use their 150 grain data from their manual? Thanks again.

Do you think I could use their 150 grain data from their manual? Thanks again.

This is exactly what I would do. Hornady's load data provided online for the 162 ELD-X matches exactly with the 162 SST/AMAX/interlock loads listed in the 9th Hornady manual. Use their 154 data from the book, start low and work up

I have not used the eld's yet. But, I do use nosler etip in 7rm with 67.0grn IMR7828, cci mag primer set 50 thou off my lands works good......
If you where to start at 64 grn and work up I figure 7828 could be quite satisfactory for you

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'll definitely do what you suggest. I never had a 7mm Remington magnum and was lucky to pick up a No. 1B in excellent condition. I can't wait to get to the range. Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'll definitely do what you suggest. I never had a 7mm Remington magnum and was lucky to pick up a No. 1B in excellent condition. I can't wait to get to the range. Thanks again.
Just wondering if you found a good load?
The Daughters Boyfriend just bought a 7 mm REM Mag Tikka Superlight and the 150 GRAINS WERE THE ONLY ELD X's I could find. I shot my last two deer with 6.5 143 grain ELD X's and was impressed with performance.
The Powder choice that I have on hand is, H1000, Retumbo, H4350, IMR 4350, RELOADER 22 and RELOADER 17.
But I have a vender that is getting powder sporadically if there is a better powder choice.
Thank you for any response.
John

This is an old thread. But my 7 mag does well with 150's and IMR 4350 and R19 but 22 is known as a good powder also. I use Nosler data.

The Daughters Boyfriend just bought a 7 mm REM Mag Tikka Superlight and the 150 GRAINS WERE THE ONLY ELD X's I could find. I shot my last two deer with 6.5 143 grain ELD X's and was impressed with performance.
The Powder choice that I have on hand is, H1000, Retumbo, H4350, IMR 4350, RELOADER 22 and RELOADER 17.
But I have a vender that is getting powder sporadically if there is a better powder choice.
John
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I'm using RE25 in my Ruger No.1. When I get home I'll check my data for the load I was using. Have a good day. Stay safe.

John
With the 9.5 twist your Tikka has, you will most likely enjoy bullets in the 150 gr. range.
Of the powders you have listed, H1000 and R22 is where i'd start.
Jmtcw

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.