300 RUM ELD-X Retumbo Data

I would start by using standard data for a similar bullet in the weight you're using. For a 200, I'd start with Nosler data for the 200 Accubond.

I would start by using standard data for a similar bullet in the weight you're using. For a 200, I'd start with Nosler data for the 200 Accubond.

I think this is a good idea, and consider bearing surface length as well, the longer it is the more pressure youll have generally in similar weight bullets. Id be surprised if the eld had a longer bearing surface than the accubond.

I'm gonna order a box on Friday and see what I can do. I'm already runnin the 200 NAB over 94.0 grains retumbo .02 off the lands in my rum. So I'm hoping I can kinda use that as a map. Wish me luck.

Anything new on this? I currently shoot 300 RUM with 215 Berger and 92.0 grains H1000. I believe my oal is 3.823. It shoots fantastic down the brux tube. I am wondering about the bearing surface difference of the 212 / 220 Eldx compared to the Berger 215?

LRT307 are you single feeding your Rum or do you use a magazine box. If so with box what length of box are you using?

I am running a CPG Semi Custom 300 RUM built off 700 action blueprinted and accurised. I have a Wyatts box with 3.825 mag length if I recall? I load just under mag length leaving me with a 3.035 off my comparator which is right around 3.824 base to tip.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.