.243 90g ELD-X Load Data

Russ66

I recently got my hands on some 90g ELD-X bullets for reloading with my .243 and a Hornady 10th Edition book - BUT I soon found out Hornady doesn't have any load data for that bullet/weight yet (see my enquiry and thier responce below). I am just starting out with reloading and this will be my first batch, so if anyone has had some success with load data for the 90g ELD-X in .243, and would be kind enough to share, it would be greatly appreciated. Note: I'm a Aussie, so ADI powders may be what I will be using (but I'm open to all options).
Thanks

ENQUIRY/RESPONCE (Hornady):
(Hornady Support commented at: 09-26-2019 11:29)
Mr. Brown
Thank you for your email. We do not have any data worked up for that bullet yet. What you can use is the 87 grain data and start low in the powder charge and work up till you reach a desired velocity.
Thanks
MR
××××brown××@gmail.com commented at: 09-25-2019 08:02
I just purchased the 'Hornady Handbook of Cartridges Reloading, 10th Edition' specifically for load data for the .243 (6mm) 90g ELD-X; However, much to my dissppointment, the load data for that bullet OR weight is not included. Could you please send me the
load data for this bullet/weight via e-mail. Thank you.

I would just follow what Hornady recommended you to do. Anything anyone tells you on here you will have to also start low and work up to. I have shot hundreds of Hornady 87gr VMAXs through my .243 and have a lot of experience loading for that cartridge. I recommend starting at 40-41gr of H4350, or its ADI equivalent, and working up in 0.2gr increments to 44gr, or until you see pressure.

Jud96,
Thanks for the advice. I see a lot of good advice on here regarding reloading so wanted to see what 'seasoned' reloaders thought (or may have used). Your points/guidance is appreciated.

I emailed Hornady last week and they replied to me saying to use the 95 grain load data. I'm mostly curious if anyone knows when the load data for this bullet will be published by then officially. Using the 87 grain lid data makes more sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong

I emailed Hornady last week and they replied to me saying to use the 95 grain load data. I'm mostly curious if anyone knows when the load data for this bullet will be published by then officially. Using the 87 grain lid data makes more sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong
Jack, thanks for that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.