7mm rem mag - proof sendero lite or #3 steel barrel?

I have a proof cf sendero on my prc and have no issues with it walking after multiple shots. On my saum I have a rem varmin steel( heavier by over a pound) and when I rebarrel it, I think I'm going to go with a rock creek or mullerworks cf from pederson precision. If you look at proofs website the difference in sendero and light is only a few oz so I'd go with sendero over light.

OP, would it be fair to say that, if for CF a much better choice is Sendero, that your question would be?

From an accuracy potential standpoint, is there going to be a difference between a sendero (not lite) contour and a #3 steel brux barrel?

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a 7mm rem mag build and wanted to see if anyone had some input on barrel contours.

I have a stock that can fit up to a sendero lite barrel, but I originally wanted to just go with a #3 steel barrel.

From an accuracy potential standpoint, is there going to be a difference between a sendero lite contour and a #3 steel brux barrel?

I have heard with magnums and the lite contour it can be a little finicky. According to specs, they're about identical in weight with a 24" finished length - both listed at 3 lbs.

Planning on shooting 143gr hammer hunters, 160 accubonds and 180gr berger hybrids.

Thanks for any help!

If you want super light, my post is not for you. I found a Brux #3 SS to be a really nice fit. Cut some shank off to make it lighter.

CF barrels have their place, but pretty much all comp shooters use premium SS blanks for a reason. They shoot better.

I'd rather less steel than doubling my price for something that should shoot as well.

Thanks for the replies - with my stock choice, it's steel #3,4 or Sendero lite

Trying to get to 7lbs or less with a trued 700 action and 24" barrel

Both of my Bartlein 2B and 3 barrels are great shooters. The 3 is a 300 win mag and the 2B is a 7 SAUM. I have had problems in the past like others with Carbon barrels walking after a few shoots. My Proof on my 300 Norma Mag Imp is the best carbon barrel so far. I can get 5 rounds before I have to let it cool.

All 3 rifles are great cold bore shooters as well. I like to dirty the bore right before I go hunting.

Good luck!

Where do you find the contours for the Bartlein's? I can't find it on the website.

Blank contour underneath the carbon is what I am interested in. I see they have ready made that state No4, but not sure if that is the steel under the carbon or the contour after the carbon is laid on.
I don't see where they advertise the blank contour under the carbon. The stated #4 is the finished contour after the carbon is laid on. Matches their #4 steel barrel contour. Same/same for their #13 CFW which is a sendero/varmint contour.

contours are here: https://www.bartleinbarrels.com/contour-details