7mm Rem Mag 160gr Nolser Accubond

7mmRemMag

Went out to the ranch today to Zero my 7mm Rem Mag with a new Leupold VX3 4.5X14X40 that I bought. I decided to group with the 160gr Nosler Accubond reloads which was a recipe that a friend of mine worked up for his 7mm Mag. Though it rarely works out that way on the first try we got a winner! Bellow is my 3 shot group at 100yrds. 3 Shots inside a dime...not too shabby!

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 208
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 184
Very nice, thanks!

I have been messing around with the Accubond in my 7MM RM, I hope I can get it to shoot like that :)

No problem. It's a pretty Hot load. Chronoed at 3016fps yesterday. I like it when you are lucky enough to get the fast loads to shoot accurately.
gun)

That really awesome ... I don't know exactly how big a dime is (havn't been to America yet), but the 3 shots are clearly through 1 ragged hole ... And thats pretty good.

What rifle did you use?

I've just convinced my fiery woman to buy me a Rem M700 XCR II in 7mm Rem Mag for my 40th ... Can't wait ...

Hope it shoots like that ....

Well done.

That's a good question I haven't measured the exact measurement yet. I know it's less than an inch because the black squares on the 100 yard targets are exactly 1 inch. Anyway the rifle was a cheap Rem 700 7mm Rem Mag I bought at Walmart. But my friend who is a machinist trued it all for me and accurized it. Barrel, bolt face, lugs, etc. Plus I added a muzzle brake. It shoots just about every bullet great.

Those were with Accubonds. I have a 1.8in 3 shot group @ 500 yards with Sierra Match King a couple years ago. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.