7mm PRC

Although it should be a good round, I don't really understand the logic? They could have just necked down the 300 PRC and had more performance since it will still require a long action. A little shorter, and it would run in a mid action.
Or; they could have just necked up the 6.5 PRC
A Straight 7-300 PRC minimum OAL with Berger 195 Grain Bullet is 3.7 inches. Allowing room to chase the lands that OAL grows even more. The standard 7mm PRC begins @ 3.4" OAL with the 195 Grain Berger. These figures place the Bullet above the neck to provide the most accuracy. If Hornady had placed the shoulder 0.10 Inches taller for an OAL of 3.5 inches the performance gains would be irrelevant.

Yeah I run a 45 degree 7-300 wsm, great case to wildcat for sure.
It'd be pretty sweet though if something like the 7 blaser mag went mainstream, it sucks that lapua keeps wasting production on PRCs..
or even Lapua 300 Blaser would be even better with .295 Necks.

Shouldn't saami be filtering out all these new offerings that do nothing better than what's already on the books? It's ok if these new cartridges live in the custom, one off, not commercially available at mainstream retail outlets genre. Seems like they should be saying, "nah mate it doesn't offer any improvement over the stuff we already have so we won't legitimize it".
SAAMI Shouldn't have the power to stop anybody from coming out with a new cartridge, And I'm glad they don't. That would stifle innovation. As much as I don't like the creedmoor line, I actually like the PRC's I have now, Once the 7mm PRC comes out, I will have a look at it too, But not before they are done with figuring out the problems they overlooked and done with revising reamers ETC.

I would just go with the .28 NOS and if I wanted to save barrel life just back down the horsepower a little.

I really had high hopes when I saw they were working on a 7PRC, I was just expecting it to be a necked down 300 PRC because of the weight availability the 7mms have over the 6.5s. I dont know of anything over 156gr for the 6.5 but the 7mm has 185s, 190s, 195s, 197s, so I was just expecting a big magnum capable of RUM territory performance.

For now I will stick with my 7RM, it gets me to 2900 on the 195s and does groups 1/2 MOA so Im happy

Mind sharing rifle and load details for 195s going 2900 from a rem mag?
I would just go with the .28 NOS and if I wanted to save barrel life just back down the horsepower a little.

I really had high hopes when I saw they were working on a 7PRC, I was just expecting it to be a necked down 300 PRC because of the weight availability the 7mms have over the 6.5s. I dont know of anything over 156gr for the 6.5 but the 7mm has 185s, 190s, 195s, 197s, so I was just expecting a big magnum capable of RUM territory performance.

For now I will stick with my 7RM, it gets me to 2900 on the 195s and does groups 1/2 MOA so Im happy

Mind sharing rifle and load details for 195s going 2900 from a rem mag?
27" Carbon 6 Barrel. SAAMI spec chamber cut
Tikka action, AG Composites stock
Atlasworx bottom Metal

WLRM Primer 67.5 gr H1000 ADG Brass 195 Berger EOLs.
Gordons reloading tool has me estimated right around that 61K psi mark, No heavy bolt or pressure signs.

I am working on some 175 Accubond loads right now that just break the 3000fps mark with 68gr of H1000
F333440E-ADCF-4C1C-AF6C-7365664ABF6E.jpeg